• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

waiting for wls

well coming up to a year since my bypass and what a year its been
there have been good times and bad times but on the whole im in a better place now than i was then and i deffinatly know that if i hadnt had surgery i would be a mess and probably 5 stone heavier than i was back then as i was on a downward spiral
i go for my year check on friday so looking forward to getting an offical weigh in i know i still have a long way to go but the weight is still coming off if a bit slower so i reckon its maybe gonna take me another 6 months to get there

still trying to stay focussed and not lose my way as it is so easy to slip into bad habits even if they are only tiny slips but thats the way the op works its only a tool and you have to use it correctly all the time
will keep you all updated on how things go

update time

well i have been feeling a bit crap and sort of sorry for myself strange i know
on the whole im ok
but it seems after getting my bloods done at my years check i am very anemic even though im very good at taking all my suppliments
so i am adding another tablet to the mix a very high dose of iron .....not looking forward to the constipation that usually goes with it :sigh: my vitimin d is very low as well
i have lost over 50% of my excess weight so very pleased about that :D
and on the whole they are pleased with the weight loss as am i :D

Sorry to hear the issues you've had :( hope that they get it sorted an that you get your levels up

well how is everyone ?
not been on for a while not had much time really with 2 jobs and a family to run after but have started the school holidays so that means only doing 1 job (yeeha) so hopefully be able to get on more over the next 6 weeks
things not been that great have a huge calcium defficency ,iron defficency and vit d one as well so not allowed to go to the gym been like this for 4 weeks :( so on even more tablets, drinks and suppliments than before but guess that's the price I have to pay off having surgery
think my weight has slowed down :( but reckon that due to not exercising due to being shattered and weepy all the time not had much apietite for proper food but have had time where i wanted crap (crisps )so trying to get out of that bad habbit asap and have started my diary again feel that keeps me on track
looking forward t reading everyone's updates on how they are doing

Hi and welcome!

well how is everyone ?
not been on for a while not had much time really with 2 jobs and a family to run after but have started the school holidays so that means only doing 1 job (yeeha) so hopefully be able to get on more over the next 6 weeks
things not been that great have a huge calcium defficency ,iron defficency and vit d one as well so not allowed to go to the gym been like this for 4 weeks :( so on even more tablets, drinks and suppliments than before but guess that's the price I have to pay off having surgery
think my weight has slowed down :( but reckon that due to not exercising due to being shattered and weepy all the time not had much apietite for proper food but have had time where i wanted crap (crisps )so trying to get out of that bad habbit asap and have started my diary again feel that keeps me on track
looking forward t reading everyone's updates on how they are doing

Good to hear from you hon. It is so hard to keep the wl going :/ hopefully once they get your levels sorted you'll start to feel better.

Good to hear from you hon. It is so hard to keep the wl going :/ hopefully once they get your levels sorted you'll start to feel better.

hi yvessa yes it is harder than I thought it would be but I will get there
defo in a better place now than I was 2 years ago :D so that in its self it brill
I try to take 1 day at a time and try not dwell too much on worrying about food but I suppose after a lifetime of being a foodie that's a hard habit too break ..lol

im off to freemans hospital in Newcastle on Wednesday and staying overnight (not for me but supporting someone who is going for an assessment at the heart lung transplant unit ...so that might be a bit stressfull
have told her I will be checking out the nightlife in Newcastle while she's getting her tests done ...lol

anyway hope everyone doing well have enjoyed catching up on everyones storys
keep up the good work guys :)

hi yvessa yes it is harder than I thought it would be but I will get there
defo in a better place now than I was 2 years ago :D so that in its self it brill
I try to take 1 day at a time and try not dwell too much on worrying about food but I suppose after a lifetime of being a foodie that's a hard habit too break ..lol

im off to freemans hospital in Newcastle on Wednesday and staying overnight (not for me but supporting someone who is going for an assessment at the heart lung transplant unit ...so that might be a bit stressfull
have told her I will be checking out the nightlife in Newcastle while she's getting her tests done ...lol

anyway hope everyone doing well have enjoyed catching up on everyones storys
keep up the good work guys :)

So true! I can't describe how different life feels when you're slimmer!

Good luck for you and your friend - hope it goes well. Scary stuff!

Back