• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting is so hard to do :(

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
I went on the waiting list on 24th Jan and the surgeon said it's a 3 month list at present. So I know I should be patient but I'm nearly pouncing on the postman every morning. I thought it would mean 3 months til I got the op but it looks like they meant 3 months til I am sent a date.
Do you think it would be out of order for me to ring the waiting list dept and ask them where I am on the list?

On the plus side. 6 days without chocolate or anything high in fat and it hasn't killed me yet! And as a lifelong fish hater I ate a fishcake last night for the very first time, in an attempt to change my habits and I actually quite liked it.:D

Your time will come if you are on the list. Give them a ring there cant be any harm.

Hope you get a date soon

Jo
xx

Great to see your habits changing already and you're making a mental effort to change.

It is hard at times, the wait, but you'll get there soon :)

theres no harm in a lil call hey xx

Phone them, that's how I got my date. Doesn't hurt to let them know you are still waiting. Good luck and let us know what they say.

It will come hun!Try some more fish types cos you will need the protein post op,use this time to slow your eating and make your portions smaller,this will be of great help post op honest!Try tinned fish and softer fish like sole and plaice.They digest better.Maz x

Ring them hun it cant harm just tell them ya not sure, i would need to know :), hope it comes soon x

ringing might push you up the list as its showing your keen and eargerly waiting! good luck!

ohhhhhhh and well done on not smoking.....its hard but it can be done....ive managed over 5 weeks now which since i smoked over 20 a day for 16yrs i didnt think was possible but ive proved myself and others wrong lol

I too am impatient so would be on the phone asking where you are on the list. What is the harm in it?? Go on do it and let us know what they said :)

I rang the hospital every week to ask if I had my date yet and the last time I rang they said yes, si its worth a go, Karen x

It sounds like your really ready for it, i was only given 4 weeks notice and i wasn't really ready (mind wise i mean) but goodluck girl!!!

Hiya,

I know exactly how you feel about waiting. I've had to fight for almost a year to get to this point, only to find out I have had 6 months UNNECESSARY waiting around!

My Surgeon told me just over a week ago that I was on the waiting list for a TT and that it's about 6-8 weeks long. I have my pre-op on May 16th and that seems like AAAAAAAGES away! I spoke to the lady in Admissions and she says I am more than welcome to call to check for an earlier appointment but I feel like a right pain in the butt!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'd maybe ring & say you'd like to make sure that you're on the list in the 1st place as you're anxious you may have been missed off!!
We all know how easily forms etc go missing, so you can always call and say you're concerned and just want some reassurance??
I've just received my date for a seminar but by ringing and pestering I found out they had missed some paperwork which would have meant waiting FOREVER lol.
Good luck
xx

they phoned me hon. I put it in another thread sorry. Got my date now for 19th May!

Back