• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric band waiting list for Mr El Hasani

Hello. I've just stumbled across this wonderful website and am trying to find info about Mr El Hasani's gastric band waiting list. Is anyone else on the waiting list or is there anyone who has had this op ?
I saw him last September at kings and was put on the waiting list in December at my appointement at the orpington hospital. I have phoned his secretary and was told that there are 20 of us on the list but that he has not done any bands this year and she has no idea when the op will happen. I am getting desperate, is anyone else in a similar position? x

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
Hi & welcome to this fabulous forum :) ?There will be someone who can help you but I am not in your area so will have to let someone else answer you. hope you get things sorted soon, take care xx :)

kitkatkate

Hello an welcome I've Not seen anyone on here having an NHS band with him , most are bypasses , someone might be along soon who can help you , good luck x x

Mio

I'm afraid I can't help with your consultant, as I'm with Dr Sufi at the Whittington, but in total the time between when I went to my first appointment to my op date was 17 months so I know exactly how you feel!
The best bet is to do what I did any phone up his secretary every month or so to ask how thigns are progressing.

I assume you've gone through all the pre-op medical tests too?

Kizzy70

I am on his waiting list for a bypass and was put on in March and was advised it was a 2 year wait. I agree with Mio to keep checking with his secretary. I called her a few weeks ago and was advised I was 76th on the list, so I'm sure you wont have to wait that long. Hope you hear soon X

Kizzy70

I am on his waiting list for a bypass and was put on in March and was advised it was a 2 year wait. I agree with Mio to keep checking with his secretary. I called her a few weeks ago and was advised I was 76th on the list, so I'm sure you wont have to wait that long. Hope you hear soon X

Sorry thats meant to say 176th on the list, woops !!!!
Wish it was 76th though!!

Mio

What are the pre-op tests? I have just been for the initial consultation and then another meeting with the nurse.

I don't know if it's the same with a bypass (I'm getting a band) and it is different between hospitals, but I've had to go for a few medical appointments such as blood tests, ECG, endoscopy, fitness test (where I got wired up like a fighter pilot and had to cycle on an exercise bike - was very weird!). Also had to do an overnight sleep study test (for things like sleep apnoea).

Am sure I had one or two other things done as well, but that's the main ones I remember - it's been over a year and my brain isn't great at the best of times LOL

I don't know if it's the same with a bypass (I'm getting a band) and it is different between hospitals, but I've had to go for a few medical appointments such as blood tests, ECG, endoscopy, fitness test (where I got wired up like a fighter pilot and had to cycle on an exercise bike - was very weird!). Also had to do an overnight sleep study test (for things like sleep apnoea).

Am sure I had one or two other things done as well, but that's the main ones I remember - it's been over a year and my brain isn't great at the best of times LOL[/QUOTE

WOW, thanks for the info. I had no idea that they put people through tests like these! Does everyone going for the band have do do these? I wasn't told about about any tests but then again i haven't been told very much at all. Maybe they give out more information when you get an op date.

Mio

I think most people who go through NHS have to do similar tests. And I wasn't given my date until I'd finished all my tests (had my last one - ECG - in March, finally got my op date in July!)

But I have a feeling some hospitals may do things in a different order, def recommend speaking to your consultant's secretary to find out what to expect -they'll be able to help you out :)