• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

was anyone declined funding for op after going through the consultation?

louisaL

looking to make a change!
Eventhough I've a bmi of 65 I've only been accepted funding for the inital meetings and a 4 week milk diet then the clinic will need to apply for funding for the op.

Has anyone had it declined at this stage?

You know the whole funding thing is a complete mystery. My PCT would not refer me unless I had funding so from what you are saying other PCT's do it differently. I would be pretty fed up to jump through the hoops only t be told no at the end.

Thanks I know I'd be totally gutted

I really do hope it all works out for you, I think I was very lucky that mine went through so smoothly although it did take me about a year from the start when I went to see my GP till I had surgery, I had a very positive attitude and that seemed to make a difference !!

Good luck with your funding. It varys so much from county to county that I can't really be of much help info wise, as My PCT approved the funding for me before my first consultation. Will keep my fingers crossed for you xxxx

Hi hun mine was the same had my funding confirmed for 1st consultation then they write to pct to say basically wot op they will do and that ur a suitable candidate ect then they release ur funds as the cost varys for ops bmi ect hope that helps :) I'm sure it will all be fine just do as the consultant request :) xx good luck hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

oo thanks tray what a positive post!!

all pcts are different,confuses me lol i was automatically funded when i recieved my first appointment xx

I went through every test as well as dietician/psyc but was still refused, still waiting 18months later, have appealed but no money in the pot for wls in my area..

Tray3004 said:
Hi hun mine was the same had my funding confirmed for 1st consultation then they write to pct to say basically wot op they will do and that ur a suitable candidate ect then they release ur funds as the cost varys for ops bmi ect hope that helps :) I'm sure it will all be fine just do as the consultant request :) xx good luck hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

It might be down to the unknown costing, fingers crossed your BMW will come down below 60. It will make it much safer for you but also significantly cheaper for them. I am paying private and I was shocked to see the cost rise once you are over 60! Even the harshest areas would agree funding with a start bmi of 65, especially if you have other factors such as sleep apnoea, diabetes or heart problems. Good luck with it all and see it all as a positive new beginning, however far you get.

I have a similar problem. I was referred in Jan 2011. Funding was agreed, I jumped through all the hoops they asked me too. I've seen the consultant, had three dietician appointments and was told I was on the list in sept 2011.

I had another Dietitician appointment on Tuesday and was told that because my PCT has not sent the funding across, they took me off the waiting list. I shoud have been having my surgery in May, but now I'm left in limbo and don't know what to do. Can anyone help ?

Back