• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Water and tea?

big fat mama

For drink type things (as opposed to my liquid food) is it normal to feel sick half way through my cup of tea?

I drank water yesterday but if I sip it and avoid the half hour on either side of my little "meals" I will get nowhere near the couple of litres that they say I need to take in. xxxx

You're still all swollen inside at the moment. Just get what you can down without making yourself feel uncomfortable. As everything heals internally you will be able to increase the intake x

Thanks Neen, just trying so desperately to stick to the guidelines, I am a terrible one for rules :D still feel pretty ok though so am delighted. Love the fact that you are always here and know just what to say to us all. PS I saw your photos, amazing x

Exactly what Neen says.
I also couldnt drink a full cup of tea, and still cant. Just sip all day long. Have your drink with a straw then you aren't going to take a big gulp by accident. I had this happen to me a couple of times and it can be really sore, even with water.
I found that the milk in tea or coffee made me feel sick so only drank two cuppas a day, one tiny one before bed and one tiny one in the morning.
It will all get better.
You don't HAVE to drink a specific amount of water or eat a specific amount of food. They are recommendations, if it hurts or makes you feel sick wait another day. Just stay hydrated and eat an amount that is comfortable.
Lynne x

Thanks a million Lynne, your loss looks magic. Just cant wait to feel totally normal again but trying hard to sit on my bum and behave myself (doesnt come natural to us women!) but loving the fact my other half has done more for me in the last two days than he has in 12 years!! lol!! :D

Thank you.
I feel nearly normal now lol.
As for men............. get your whip out! lol
Lynne x

LOL wait til I lose weight I will have the whole outfit and the whip !!!
Give him just rewards for all the years of putting up with the fed up immobile version of me :D

Be careful with a straw. My provider told me not to drink through one as you get too much air in. All providers gave different rules though.

So does mine so I bought myself a flask yesterday and pour a full cuppa into that and drink it bit by bit. It helps to ensure you get enough fluid in.
Lynne x

I do not always manage a full mug of tea either, and always ends up cold the same with most foods thats why I tend too eat food that tastes yummy hot or cold xx

Back