• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tea & Coffee

Bluebutterflier

Bouncing Bander
Im a one week post op Bander.....

And im having trouble drinking tea or coffee....All other drinks are fine, squashes, juices, water, and even herbal teas.....

But tea and coffee which I usually have with milk and sweetner....just seems really hard to drink...like its too filling?...I can so about 1/3 of a mug but over about half and hour...

Worse thing is, before my surgery I was a coffee freak!

Does anyone else have this problem?

I've not tried coffee yet.. but tea I can manage about 200mls over a period of about 30 mins

Yes me too - I suspect its the milk as that's got more protein than other drinks such as squash.

Yes me too - I suspect its the milk as that's got more protein than other drinks such as squash.

Its weird though Yve, as I can do a glass of milk with crusha in it...no problems...

Hi

Not a bander so no real help but could it be because it's hot, if you let your cuppa cool does it make any difference.

Paul

Hello there Blue, You could be like me - I have trouble drinking warm/hot drinks - I cannot manage a full mug of tea/coffee ( whether milky or made with water) and yet give me anything cold I can drink it by the pint load ( not all at once though,lol) Your not alone on this, some other banders are the opposite, can only manage to drink warm drinks and have trouble with the cold ones.........Wishing you all the best - Julie xx

I can only manage water and even that tastes awful. I was a coffee addict took it black and strong and the thought just makes me heave. Tea I can't take black and I think I may be lactose intolerant now as I'm sick every time I have dairy so I'm forcing water down my throat. Woohoo

I have to agree with that, I loved my coffee. I loved it strong with milk and sweet. Yum. I can't have more than quarter of a spoonful now :(

I can drink anything. Still addicted to instant tea (though cant drink as many cups as i previously did) and I can drink faster with hot drinks than with cold drinks. Gone off plain water.

Sometimes I think I am a freak lol

I just am finding that things taste stronger and sweeter. Am liking it though to some extent. It makes a ramekin of custard satisfying.

tanychance said:
I can still drink tea till it comes out my ears lol in fact I use tea as a snack replacement now! Lol x

Me too lol. Glad I am not the only tea snacker lol

Im going to test a theory of mine...Im gonna have a black coffee...see how that goes down...if at first it dont, ill wait till it goes warm or cold and try again...as my mother thinks it maybe the caffeine?

Fuffs said:
Me too lol. Glad I am not the only tea snacker lol

Do u add tea into your fluid count too? I thought I wasn't drinking enough but with the gallon of tea a day that I consume I must be having enough!! X

if you carnt live without coffee like me blue try decaf and just have a small cup instead of a mug.??

Im wondering, as im constipated...if I drink black coffees all day, perhaps it will push start me lol

tanychance said:
Do u add tea into your fluid count too? I thought I wasn't drinking enough but with the gallon of tea a day that I consume I must be having enough!! X

I defo do. My book says too. If I didn't count tea my fluid count would be shocking lol

WOOP WOOP - found a way to drink COFFEE.....

Black with one sweetner...hot water, and topped with a bit of cold....
Not only do I get one of my favourite things back into my diet, but its also helping with my constipation!

Back