• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weddings - eating?

Samsara

I'm invited to a wedding at the end of July and am beginning to wonder about how I'm going to deal with the typical three course meals served up at the reception. (too busy thinking about the champagne toast!) ;)

What have you done? Should I tell my friend not to order me a meal as I assume I won't be able to eat it? I don't want her to waste money or spend an hour pushing food round a plate! :) But then it's going to look odd me sat on a table when everyone else is eating and I am not! Can anyone share their experiences with this sort of event? Thank you x x x

Hi I am in the same predicament. Selfish people getting married just after my surgery ;) I am a bridesmaid in aug, and she is having a further reception 17 plate Chinese banquet in Sept!! She is marrying a lovely Chinese chap. And a wedding for my niece in April, surgery 22 Feb.
I don't want to make it all about me but I won't b able to eat in April, not even thinking if having anything to drink!!!
Have had to tell my friend that its useless going for bridesmaid fittings for the Aug wedding. I know she wants to get it sorted but I don't know what to do as I hope to be 5 stone lighter by then!!! X

Don't worry ladies you will be able to eat just little bits of each, pass some onto your partner or family who want bit xtra. As for the dress well a good dress maker will have a good idea and especially if you can go the month before then maybe under circumstances week or fortnight at most before for final fitting because in a fortnight you can really come down from one size to another but they will compensate for that, just look forward to it n enjoy xx

Don't worry ladies you will be able to eat just little bits of each, pass some onto your partner or family who want bit xtra. As for the dress well a good dress maker will have a good idea and especially if you can go the month before then maybe under circumstances week or fortnight at most before for final fitting because in a fortnight you can really come down from one size to another but they will compensate for that, just look forward to it n enjoy xx

Thanks Chrisa. The bride at the Aug wedding originally said we can all wear different dresses as long as they were pink. I was pleased with that but she has changed her mind and wants us the same. The other Bridesmaids are all slim beautiful Chinese girls! Thanks for your positive comments.
Xx

You will be just as slim by then and looking just as gorgeous. Whenever i go for meals now Itake a plastic carton or tin foil carton with card top like you get from chinese, packs in poundshop. whateva you bring home you can have the day after or later on. I ONCE WENT OUT WITH FRIENDS FOR LUNCH WE ORDERED beef sandwich with chips n salad, i said no chips but chips came the bun i couldnt eat, beef was lovely didnt even eat 1/6th of it bit salad took home 5/6 ths of sandwich n chips which hubby had so we got 2 meals for £3. much cheaper xx

Take your tub then, or say no thanx when the starters come, if you have the starter you will never manage main course, ask for a childs portion when she put in the numbers for wedding party. Me and one of the older ladies in our group always get a kids meal thye have no problem with it xx

I went to a wedding I had child portion of dinner didn't have starter or pud I didn't want them to waste good money on a meal I'd never eat :) I sipped my water while everyone had their starter and let's face it wedding meals are never that big just very expensive :) a buffet is easier you can pick protein out prawns chicken etc , I know you can take a box to put left overs in but I never have the nerve for that and wouldn't eat it anyway it never looks as good as on the plate :) I never eat warmed up food it's one of my silly things xxx

If you get that straight in your head now and sorted it won't bother you as the time gets close. all done xx enjoy xx

Back