• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Champagne!

I had a bad coke addiction prior to my bypass. Have been tempted to have some but I'm avoiding it at all costs. Me and coke can't be trusted together! One can will lead to two, to four and eventually I'll be off the wagon.

I am the same. Won't touch it now even if I could. Stick to tea now.

I spoke to the hospital group about this, she said it might cause wind pain. She recommended putting a drop or two of water in it to take some of the fizz out. Asked as I have a friends wedding coming up!!

I am not a big or frequent drinker but bubbles are my tipple of choice and I did ask mr super my surgeon at THG about whether I was ok to drink champagne. He said he odd glass was fine. Personally I have no problems with it, but if I was to drink more than a glass or two, I think it may cause wind pain ... However most importantly for me, it could make me throw caution to the wind and have the munchies :rolleyes:

I wonder if the fizz rules are different according to procedure? I've heard a couple of people with the band saying they are allowed fizz. I find it odd that there are different rules for everyone depending on hospital/provider!

Hi aside from champagne, what other drinks can you tolerate? I am on a hen weekend in June and will have a drink or two - not drinking doesn't bother me anymore but I want to chill on this weekend as we are taking a male model nude drawing class! I will need a drink for Dutch courage. Lager was my love but I wouldn't dare have that now. Have had 1 sip of champagne at a wedding, first drink since New Year.

How about a small glass of wine? If you like wine? I don't think you'll need much more Dutch courage than that as I understand alcohol tolerance (in terms of getting drunk) is low post op ;)

I am a bander and although I am no expert I would not be pushing the boundaries with the fizzy stuff, as too much I am sure would create too much gas and stretch my pouch. from my limited experience I know I can definitely manage to eat more when I have had Fizzy stuff. 125mls is enough for me so I :rolleyes: Too much and/or too frequently is empty calories which just slip through the old band easily. Importantly, I don't want to risk creating myself health problems through erosion or slippage either.

Ps borogirl ... If the Dutch courage doesn't work, I will happily step in on your behalf, take your seat and make my first attempt at male nude drawing ... Always good to try new things after all :D

Back