• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating Out

madstaffyblonde1

http://tickers.wlsurgery.
Since having my bypass in April I have been weary of eating out in restaurants as I didn't want to ask for smaller meals as I didn't want to have to explain why nor did i want to order a normal sized meal and send half back and have the people that had cooked it think it was sent back because there was something wrong with it, anyway the last couple of months I have ventured out and have been so surprised, here are the places I have eaten out at:

Brewers farye: they had no problem with me sharing a meal with my hubby they even offered me a spare plate.

Toby Carvery: Had no problems with me having a child's meal

Asda: Didn't charge me for my meal as they said it was so small

Makro Warehouse: charged me 40p for a meal.

Sizzler Pubs: No problems ordering smaller meals

Where have you eaten and they have been ok with you ordering small meals with no questions asked.

I love the Harvester and from the time i knew i could eat a bit better I asked for a childrens menu, because we went alot the staff got to know me, and I was open about the reason for having a childrens menu, and it cost me only £3.99 to go out, cos I never had a drink....... Although it has recently gone up to £5.50 still cheap though...

oooooh god, i have eaten out twice since my bypass, once was a brewers fayre and just had soup with no bread, and the other was at a whitbreads pub but i am too embarrassed to ask for anything smaller, so had a lighter bites fish and chips, and when i had finished it just looked like i had pushed it around the plate, hardly anything was missing!

-don't forget your tupperware box-even if it's only for the dog lol:)

my friends just love eating out with me....I order a nice cheap meal, eat half of it and they get the rest haha

LOL my 15 year old can't wait to go out for a meal with me so he can polish off what I leave. He's our very own food dustbin anyway.

I've asked my local indian takeaway who knows us quite well :eek: (em I wonder why? :eek:) if he will make me up some low fat chicken byriani (my all time favourite). He's happy to and I can freeze what I don't eat into smaller portions :D

Might be really cheeky and ask him to do some other curries too ;) Then I'll befriend the Chinese takeaway people, and the Italian :D

Back