• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Week 1-4 Post WRAP Op and booked dates

clare12345

I thought that I would start a general thread for people to post the updates from day 1 after their operation until 3-4 weeks later so people can get an idea of what to expect - liquids, pain, essentials, vitamins etc. I thought that it would help newbies and people that already have their dates booked etc as some of the post surgery updates are in different threads but I know that I have found them useful. maybe people who have already had their ops could post in here as well as it will be useful.

I am nervous now as I booked my flights for the 10th march so it is real now. A bit anxious but I know it is exciting too.

Hey :) im having my op next month so will definatly be interested in updating everyine and keeping checj with myself :) ....

Im also flying out on the 10th of March! .. booking flights on Monday :) where are you flying from? xxx

I am off tomorrow for my wrap and am just about to pack my bag. I will post and let you know how it goes x

GOOD LUCK Dee, You really dont need it, I sailed through it and Im sure you will too.

Ive had a bit of info from the hospital saying that women who are going with their partner must be given daily foot and neck massages by them......Im only passing on essential info here:whistle:HONEST!!!!

Im almost 3 weeks in and just 3 lbs off 2 stone's.......Im blown away!!

Will be thinking of you, Ill get polishing the losing bench for you!

xxx

Pixie, I tried messaging you my flight details but it is saying your inbox is full and that you need to delete some messages lol. Let me know when you have done this.

Bigdee, I hope it goes well and I can't wait to hear about your experience.

Wobblestokie, I was going to take a suitcase but from reading some posts I am only taking hand luggage now which I was a bit worried about. Did you do this? also, do you mind sharing your info on what you did pack for the trip. I think I have seen a list some where but can't find it.

Clothes I go in, I will come back in(light4hand lug)
3 sets of pj's
toiletries
music
Magazines:)
sore throat spray (did people use this)
What about vitamins
food packs

What liquid food packs did people take?
Do I need to take some of my own drink?

Also, the day you flew back was walking ok or did you walk really slow as I am paranoid about looking odd lol wlaking like a snail. Also, were you sore? sorry for all the questions but other post wrappers maybe able to chip in on there experience as well to help pre-oppers out like me:) who is excited about the journey but a bit anxious as well.

I am there Sunday to Saturday

Pixie, I tried messaging you my flight details but it is saying your inbox is full and that you need to delete some messages lol. Let me know when you have done this.

Wobblestokie, I was going to take a suitcase but from reading some posts I am only taking hand luggage now which I was a bit worried about. Did you do this? also, do you mind sharing your info on what you did pack for the trip. I think I have seen a list some where but can't find it.

3 sets of pj's
toiletries
music
What about vitamins
food packs

Also, the day you flew back was walking ok or did you walk really slow as I am paranoid about looking odd lol wlaking like a snail. Also, were you sore? sorry for all the questions but other post wrappers maybe able to chip in on there experience as well to help pre-oppers out like me:) who is excited about the journey but a bit anxious as well.

Hiya

I took hand luggage and I took far too much stuff, so Ill only write down what I actually used.

Wore the same travelling clothes there and back
3 x nightwear
1 x thin dressing gown, slippers
Underwear/Belvia Bras
Laptop/phone/kindle/MP3/chargers
Toiletries
Vitamins
Towel
2 x cuppa soup (had one Sunday evening)didnt have the 2nd
2 x shakes (had one during Wednesday)Didnt like the ones they gave me.
Tea bags and I got milk at Manchester airport. Tea was my saviour, what they have their is a hot ribena type stuff....you may like it!!!! lol

I couldnt get any dry throat spray, apparently Boots stock it, mine didnt. They wont allow you a drink after your surgery, so your mouth gets dry, to be honest, I just slept thru' most of that day and night, so it didnt bother me.

I was not in pain and I was not sore and I didnt walk like Id just had surgery........everything was very normal and nothing gave me a problem. At the airport its about a 10 min walk to the gate and there are some lovely shops to have a wander around, if you dont want to there are benches all thru the airport to have a sit down, I never felt the need to sit down.

I have to say in all honesty, I didnt feel like I had just had surgery, I felt just like me, no problems whatsoever.

Hope that helps, feel free to ask whatever you like, P.M me if you want privicy, I have no problems answering your questions.

Hope the above helps

xx

Last edited:

3 sets of pj's
toiletries
music
What about vitamins
food packs

I took dry mouth spray from boots not sore throat spray and yes i did use it

ive deleted some of my messages hopefully that will help :)

im on nights tonight so will probably spend my free time making lists lol ...
Does anyone know about time off if you work as a carer?... i do alot of manual handling over the course of a shift xx

ive deleted some of my messages hopefully that will help :)

im on nights tonight so will probably spend my free time making lists lol ...
Does anyone know about time off if you work as a carer?... i do alot of manual handling over the course of a shift xx

I am a carer as well but self employed. I will ask the carers at mums nursing home as it is housing association and they will know all the rules and i will let you know

I was a nurse for many years prior to moving to France and we would advise between 4-6 weeks off work if your job involved lifting as the muscles need chance to heal or you run the risk of developing an incisional hernia x hope that helps. No problem returning to work sooner if your job does not involve lifting x

Thanks for that, unfortunatly my job can involve lifting, pulling, leaning over etc.... its elderly care i do so can be quite manual at times, think ill book 4 weeks to be safe, i dont want to go back early and risk somthing going wrong x

Wobble,

Can you share you post diet liquids that you had? I keep thinking it is shakes but as you know this can become boring. Can you have things like heinz tomato ketchup soup etc ( I don't have a clue lol)

How often do you eat? When you feel full, do you still get hunger pains (sounds a daft question but I can't imagine so little food in my stomach even though it is smaller) Also I felt hungry sometimes on the cambridge diet after eating.

Pixie, Are you flying from Gatwick or Heathrow and what time do you arrive in Prague on the 10th March?

Hi Clare :) ... Ive decided to do a milk/yog diet just to take away decision making throughout the pre op diet. and ill also have oxo and sugar free jelly. Can anyone tell me which yogs are ok? I just cannot stomach mullerlites! ... Ive been told to do 2 weeks and to aim between 3-5kgs
Clare i an flying from Gatwick and arriving in Prague at 21.00 :)
Clare what size bag are you taking? as im only taking carry on also xx

Wobble, I don't plant to do shakes after the op. It is just when I think of liquids, I think of the diet company ones. I am interested in what liquids you or any other post-op people have had for variety.

Pixie,

I measured mine and it seemed ok. I need to just check again as mine as wheels. The size of the case is fine but just need to make sure I don't bulk it up which then pushes the lid up. I arrive at the airport at 9.05pm so 5 mins after you. Great as we get to travel with someone else:) which will help the nerves. Are you taking nighties or pj's? as I am thinking pj's so I don't always have to expose all (which I have seen on other threads) lol

Clare ive got 2 pairs of jammies and a nighty, and im going to get some 100% cotton knicks, ....im traveling in the same clothes ill wear home, to save room in my case, and may also take a few sachets of cuppa soup for emergancies.
Are you taking any multivitamins at the moment ? and also are you going to take milkthistle?

Hi Pixie,

What is the milk thistle for? I was looking at chewable multi vitamins today in Boots. I will start taking when I get back from America on the 27th Feb. I currently take b6 and a berroca multi vitamins drink. What about you?

Im naughty and dont take anything at the moment :/ im going to get a multivit chew and ask doc to prescribe me some forceval for after the healing :)
Milk thistle is for liver health and it helps to get rid of the fatty deposits i think and make it less slippy to handle.

hope somone will come correct me if im wrong :) xx

Back