• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weigh in .......

charlie87

hey everyone

just weighed myself for the 1st time since my op 3 weeks ago and ive lost 15lbs : D its took me from a bmi of 48.8 to 44! happy happy happy! hope ur all doing great xxx

Vespa

Hey well done Charlie that's so good! Keep up the hard work hun as it pays off!

I'm only 4 days post op but, fingers crossed, I'll be where you are now soon :p xxx

sagadojo

Fantastic well done on your progress! Have you started eating solids yet? X

Evenstarr

Fantastic news, well done you :553:
Em xxx

shelleymarie

Congratulations. It's all downhill from here, but in a good way lol. Very happy for you :D xx

charlie87

thankyou everyone : D im really surprised as the last 4 days ive hardly ate anything due to feeling really sick at the smell of food so ive literally ate water biscuits and extra light philly for 4 days lol!
ive started introducing solids in ive just managed a small ham salad which i reallyyy enjoyed 1st meal in 5 weeks so it went down a treat : D i think i could probably pretty much anythin now i feel i have no restriction so cant wait for my 1st bandfill : D weigh in today has made me even more determined now! bring it on : D xxx

charlie87

Vespa said:
Hey well done Charlie that's so good! Keep up the hard work hun as it pays off!

I'm only 4 days post op but, fingers crossed, I'll be where you are now soon :p xxx

thanks vespa

hope ur feeling ok after surgery : D wishing u a speedy recovery and an even speedier weight loss xxx

top_kat

what a great start and sounds as if you're ploughing along nicely :) Im 13 days post op, still liquids only . . . and a ham salad sounds divine . . .lol

charlie87

thanks top kat

dedinately lost more than i was expecting as i thought it would have messed me up not eating regularly. aww will soon be ur turn for a nice ham salad and it tastes so much nicer after a long wait. hope ur ok hun xxx

inca10012

well done

flutterby1966

Charlie, it's interesting to see what other providers recommend re the transition from liquids to solid food ... What are the stages/timings your provider recommends. Who was your provider. Mine THG was two weeks liquid then two weeks mushy before starting solids :D sometimes we banders make comments from our own personal experiences without understanding what other providers recommend ... And as we all learn in this journey there are a lot of variables x

charlie87

Hey flutterby

I am with mr li at the spire hospital in manchester. I had to do week 1 fluids only week 2 puree week 3 soft foods then onto week 4 start introducing solids they have said i need to avoid bread, pasta and fruit with skin for 6 months post op and if i want to introduce them bk after that time then i can but to be honest im not missing them in the slightest so ill just carry on. Ye it is crazy how different the guidelines can be. I was booked in for my op within a week of consultation so i only had 4 days to do my liver shinking diet which worried me a little but mr li said my liver was fine during surgery : ) how are u feeling hun? Xxx

flutterby1966

I am good thanks. Sounds like you have a nice gentle transition to normal foods. Once you are on normal foods it starts the band working better especially as you eat things like salad and crackers etc. the crunchier the food, the harder the receptors in the stomach work, and the fuller you feel for longer...you are doing well :D

charlie87

Hey : )

Had my 1st band fill yesterday was so simple and straight forward found my port straight away as it was under xray guidance, doctor said everything looks great! He put 1.75ml in so im now upto 6.75 im on fluids for 3 days again now and its all going down fine : ) not so great news i have put on 1lb this week so bit gutted about that but to be fair its been my 1st week bk onto solids after liquids and mush for the last 4 weeks! Back to some hard work to get it back off for my nxt weigh in : ) xxxx

Bella'sBand

Lost 2lbs this week, thrilled :)

flutterby1966

Excellent. Well done