• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight Loss...and my meanderings.

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
I was sat thinking about my slowish weight loss and decided to check my numbers over again.
I have always counted my losses from the weight that I was sat at for sooooo long and during the months right before surgery and going on that number I have lost four stone. However, my diabetes had gone a little manic right near the end and I had dropped a couple of pounds (how careless of me!!!) and so when my actual weigh in at the Spire I was weighing less and I suppose that should be the number I count from as the weight loss that I suppose really counts is pre-op and then post-op lumped into one.
So my weight loss from the number I was at for sooooo long before my diabetes went crazy makes it so that I have lost 4st but the weight loss from pre-op diet and post-op lumped together is 3st 4lbs, which sounds so much less impressive but hey, I guess that makes it 1st per month which quite frankly is quite great, but it does mean that I am one of the slowest losers on this forum, which makes me feel sucky, so I have taken off all number counts on here, except from the easter challenge and my goal numbers.
The annoying thing is that I did actually stop being so obsessed by numbers a while back but that obsession has crept back in and I need to kick it back out.
I still dont weigh myself every week, just when Im in town and visit Boots, so Im not so obessed but that habit of watching my numbers slowly fall is there and it needs not to be.
My clothing sizes are falling nicely, even though my physical measurement are only slowly falling, its strange that those can only drop quite slowly and the poundage too but that the clothing sizes are falling really well, must be an issue of body mass.
I dont know why Im even posting this, Im not hoping for advice or praise or anything like that, I think that sometimes getting things down and out of your head helps.
So that is my blathering over with lol
Steph xx

Hi,

It is really easy to get obsessive over weight numbers... My OH has had to hide our scales a couple of times. If you've come down from a size 24 to an 18 that must be so fab! I cant wait to get below a size 22!!

X

Steph, I understand completely. I too am a really slow loser and honestly I thought I would have it in the bag with all the exercise that I do as well, having been doing it for 9 months pre-op. To be one of the slow ones can be soul destroying. My measurements aren't changing too much either and so far, neither are my clothes sizes - at least you are dropping them. :) Right after my op I dropped into a 22 (albeit a bit tight) and they are now loose on me, but 20s are still too tight. I have stopped coming on here as much because it was really depressing me!

So take heart - you aren't alone. I wish I could bin the numbers too. :(

If I were you, everytime you start feeling bad for not having lost the most etc just take a look at those three pictures in your sig. The change from that unhappy looking woman is absolutely amazing, and so inspiring for someone like me who is at the start of my weight loss journey. Well done you!

Steph, Yorkiegal is absolutely right, and I know one of those pics is one you really hate and look at you now! As for the title of slowest loser, I challenge you,..dont be despondent, you know you are doing all the right things, and your body shape is changing, but I do understand a slow weight loss is soul destroying. Funny I read someone else's post who has also removed her numbers for the same reason. Please go look in the mirror and smile, you have such a lovely smile. Dawnx:flowers:

Stephie
Im a slow loser and get really down about it, I was convinced my bypass hadn't worked at first, but now Im noticing it in my clothes and I have had a couple of nice comments.

My clinic has told me Im well on track and that the average weight loss is 2-3lb a week.

Don't beat yourself up about it, just take pride in the fact that it's working and you look great. Treat yourself from time to time, where I used to treat myself with a cream cake, I now treat myself with a new nail polish or a fashion mag.

Take care and keep your chin up, your doing really well.

You guys are just SO nice and I love you all for it xxx
Its funny you should say about looking at those pics on my signature because thats what I do. I hadnt noticed any changes from the Christmas picture (the one in black) and when hubby took the more recent one lately I was shocked, so when I feel down I do look at those pictures and it helps, which is weird in itself because I used to have such trouble being able to look in the mirror and HATED cameras being pointed at me.
I guess that I just felt as though I was fooling myself and the world with the 4st bit, its true that from my usual weight I HAVE lost that amount but I have started again from the first time Spire weighed me right before my pre-op diet and Im going from there. Luckily people have stopped asking me the question that they had gotten used to asking "so, how much have you lost this week?"...I had quite a few people that used to ask me that but they have stopped which really does help.
Its a funny old thing because you think that when youre done with the surgery that the obsessions with food and weight would ease off but they soooooo dont, it gets worse, just in different ways.
Its a bumpy old road isnt it lol
Thanks for all of the lovely replies xxx
Steph xx

As the others say you just need to look at your signature picture... that miserable face is definitely not the same person as the face you show us now! Smile on, you're still a loser xx

You guys are just SO nice and I love you all for it xxx
Its funny you should say about looking at those pics on my signature because thats what I do. I hadnt noticed any changes from the Christmas picture (the one in black) and when hubby took the more recent one lately I was shocked, so when I feel down I do look at those pictures and it helps, which is weird in itself because I used to have such trouble being able to look in the mirror and HATED cameras being pointed at me.
I guess that I just felt as though I was fooling myself and the world with the 4st bit, its true that from my usual weight I HAVE lost that amount but I have started again from the first time Spire weighed me right before my pre-op diet and Im going from there. Luckily people have stopped asking me the question that they had gotten used to asking "so, how much have you lost this week?"...I had quite a few people that used to ask me that but they have stopped which really does help.
Its a funny old thing because you think that when youre done with the surgery that the obsessions with food and weight would ease off but they soooooo dont, it gets worse, just in different ways.
Its a bumpy old road isnt it lol
Thanks for all of the lovely replies xxx
Steph xx

You're so right about food obsessions! I thought that this operation would fix my problem with food. Its taken quite a while to understand fully what my surgeon meant about this just being a tool and it is so hard dealing with head hunger etc.

Your photos are so good, you should be really pleased.

x

Hi Stephie - Like the others who have posted, I also feel I am losing slowly. My average is 10lbs per month - not 1st per month which I expected. But it's all going in the right direction and you do look so different in your photos.

I am sad you don't come on here as often and hope you do ccome back soon :)

But the difference now is that the 10lbs is gone forever! :)

Back