• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight Loss Clinic today

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Well, today is my nine month surgiversary and also my weight loss clinic visit at the Spire.
I was weighed and had a chat to the nurse (nice fella, forgotten his name though) and he was very impressed and said that I am doing really well and that I look great. I was saying about my targets and he said that I should think less about those and concentrate more on the new life that I have because of the surgery and the positive effects on my health etc
I then went in to see the new dietican Zoe (lady girl) who went through my diet with me and said that I am doing really well. She was a little shocked by my fascination with protein over carbs. She said that for the average bypass patient protein IS important, more so in the early days of healing, but it IS important, but because I am a diabetic and especially as I struggle to control my low blood sugar, that I have to concentrate on having equal starchy carb to protein. We all know that this will slow my weight loss down but what is the point of losing shed loads of weight quickly if Im unwell doing so, so I am going to take care her advice and eat more starchy carbs with my meals, obviously not to the detriment of my proteins but I am going to take her advice and place an equal importance on them as I do on protein. I thought that she would find fauly with my diet but she didnt, she said that I am doing fantastically and except for the carbs, I should carry on as I am. She said lots of positive things and said that I should be very happy about my progress and that I should walk out of there today with a huge smile on my face and feel very proud of myself, which I do, so its all good.
I am seeing them again in two months, at which time they will be checking my bloods. I think that they were happy for me because I have no real problems with foods or my health and I am extremely happy about it all, I guess that they are used to people with issues etc
I always counted myself as a slow loser, in my nine months I have lost 92.6lbs...slower than many, but the hospital count that as fantastic and something to be very very proud of, so I am going to stop being so obsessed with the lbs lost and just concentrate on the changes that this journey is bringing to my life. I will still be weighing in but just once a month instead of weekly and I will only actually document my weigh losses as kept by the Spire. I took my ticker down a little while back and I wont be putting it back up. For interest just this once...since my heaviest weight around 18 months ago I am 122lbs lighter, since the start of my pre-op diet 9 1/2 months ago I am 92lbs lighter. Both numbers are awesome but they dont define me, I HAVE to get out of that mentality now, just for my sanity lol
So yep, its all good stuff and I am thrilled that I am classed as I am doing so well, I LOVE my bypass and my life now because of it.
Thank you for reading xx
Steph xx

well done hun xx

well done you! you should feel proud x

Well done hun xx

fantastic.gif

hey Stephie, thanks for sharing that with us. You have done amazingly well. Congratulations!

And although I am at the moment completely obsessed with what is going to happen to me, I can see that to remain that way for long would do not only my head in, but also the heads of all around me!
So well done on your very healthy mind set too!

Love Charis xxx

Well done Steph.
Some very wise words there.
xxx

Brilliant Steph & an absolute inspiration... you look great and take good care... you are precious xxx

Sounds like you had a really positive appointment :D well done, I think you are right about the amount of weight lost or put on defining who we are, its a bad minset to be in and I hope I can get out of it post op too. Good on ya hun X :D

Back