• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss at 3 weeks post op

sarah sculley

Morning all I am 3 wks post op and I am disappointed this week as I have only lost 2lb wot was everyone else losing I have lost 17lb in 3 weeks and was expecting to lose more than 2lb ???? Always how many weeks were people when they tried alcohol?

You don't mention what op you've had but 17lbs in 3 weeks is fine. You still want to lose weight at a healthy rate - anything more than 4lbs is likely to be lean muscle and not fat and you don't want to be losing lean muscle.

I gained in my 3rd week :) Its so normal to stall or gain as you will be eating tiny amounts and your body just won't have the energy to keep breaking the fat down. Just keep following your guidelines and it will come off :)

Oh and as for alcohol, I don't drink, but recommendations is not for a year as it may affect you adversely. Some people try it sooner but you really shouldn't be thinking about it this early on! Also remember its empty calories and you may get drunk sooner and lose that feeling of getting drunk - there is a link between wls and alcoholism. Not trying to say never ever drink, but do make your choice with all the facts :)

You can get very drunk on much less alcohol - I know people who've had to be carried home after 2 glasses. Also it leaves the system quite quickly now so you can end drinking more than you intend. Not to mention that it can make you dump

Hi sarah,

I'm a wrapper not bypass but in 4 weeks since my op I have lost ...
Week 1. 11lbs
Week 2. Zero
Week 3. 8lbs
Week 4. Zero

Yvessa is right in that in the beginning your body just hasn't got to grips with all the changes so don't be disheartened.

On the alcohol subject, there have been a few posts in the last couple of days with people only a couple of weeks post op wanting to know when they can drink again.
I believe that weight loss surgery is only a tool (a gift) to help you on your way and not an easy fix.
If you want to waste calories on alcohol then that is your choice but if you used those calories on nutritional food then you would be more satisfied and not about to overheat through the munches that drink gives you.

I think that most providers advise no alcohol for at least 6 months post op for health reasons as it may be dangerous to drink following surgery but what you choose after that is up to you. Just don't gamble your health with the need to have a drink.

I feel better now u have been in touch and shared your weight loss I was just panicking thinking had it worked as daft as it seems yea I understand bout drink I was just wondering thanks for your advice wot type ov things r u eating? X

I started a thread on the wrappers forum called wrappers daily mushy menus. I have posted daily and others have too. May giveyou an idea of alternatives.

Just re read my post to you and realised I came across a bit ott about the alcohol.
It's just that several,people have posted recently about how soon can I drink,alcohol post surgery and I just can't get my head around why you would want to have empty calories when you could be eating proper food and also that some of them want to drink only a couple of weeks after surgery which is dangerous.

I must be pmt or something, I'm not usually so chopsy.....sorry.
Good luck and look forward to hearing your progress
Hugs :) x

I stalled at about 3-4 weeks for a couple of weeks. I've stalled a couple of times since too. Try not to get to stressed my scale figures. In 3 months I've gone from a size 26 to about half an inch of a 22

Back