• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss not slowing down ?

RoseA

So, I thought my weight loss was slowing down, but the stats show otherwise (see chart). Six and a half months out and I'm still losing 2-3 pounds a week, every blooming week. :eek:

In the 34 weeks since I started the pre-op diet, the only week I've not lost any weight was week 13 which was when I moved onto solids. (week 5 I was in hospital having my op). I slowed down for a couple of weeks last month, but it's picked up again. Should I worry ? Should I be eating more... or differently ?

I'm not complaining about losing the weight, really I'm not ! I lurrve the new slimline me ! :D Only I can't have that much more to lose (?) and I'm wondering when / if it's going to level out ?! My next hospital checkup isn't for another 2 months and at this rate I could be another 2 stone down by then. I'll be 52 in April and I don't want to end up looking like an old scarecrow by then !

Attachments

• WLS chart.png
    WLS chart.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 93
Hi Rose will post my stats on here tomo for you to have a look at, what do you eat on an average day? xxx

An average day...

Actimel before I leave home
Large strong skinny latte when I get in the office
A few nuts & dried fruit
Typical lunch = a soup from Pret a Manger with 2 or 3 cheesy sugar free oat biscuits
A few nuts & dried fruit, or a banana
Smoothie or NAS squash
Maybe another coffee
Evening meal - child size portion of fish or meat with veg
Half a glass of wine
Sugar free frozen dessert or a fat free yoghurt
A few nuts & dried fruit in the evening
NAS squash

At weekends or on days when I'm working at home I'll have a protein shake for breakfast (made with the Actimel), or half a bowl of muesli or porridge.

Hi Rose,
You and I had our surgeries around the same time and I still lose on average 2 pounds a week without trying too hard.
The difference is that I am still 15 stone 9 so want to lose at least another 5 stones.
I wouldn't worry too much until you get to a weight you are comfortable with.
x

Hi Rose you could always try adding more carbs? Here are my stats: month 1 loss of 1 stone, month 2 loss of 12lbs, month 3 loss of 10lbs, month 4 loss of 15lbs, month 5 loss of 10lbs, month 6 loss of 10lbs month 7 loss of 2lbs!!!(stall which lasted 4wks and was my first one), month 8 loss of 6lbs, month 9 loss of 7lbs, month 10 loss of 6lbs, month 11 loss of 4lb, month 12 loss of 3lbs, month 13 loss of 4lbs, month 14 loss of 3lbs, month 15 loss of 4lbs, month 16 loss of 4lbs, month 17 loss of 2lbs,
month 18 no loss, month 19 so far loss of 3lbs.

Really hope this helps, i think our bodies do stop when they need to though, keep us posted xxx

More carbs ?! And there's me trying to avoid them... :rolleyes:
Thanks for sharing your stats which are reassuring as I can see how your weight loss slowed down from about 7 months so I probably shouldn't worry ! I'm going away to work out my monthly losses now to see how they compare with yours... xx

Hi Rose,

Not sure if you're familiar with my circumstances but I now have chronic malabsorption and have to fight to stop losing weight still at 2 1/2 years post op. The fact that you've not had any stalls or slow weeks would make me wonder if you might be heading the same way. Going by your side bar your bmi is still ok to carry on losing, but start working on maintaining atleast 7-10lbs above your goal as it can be tricky to find the balance.

If you do find that the weight loss continues after you want it to stop then feel free to give me a shout via pm for some tips on stopping weight loss.

Hi Rose,

Not sure if you're familiar with my circumstances but I now have chronic malabsorption and have to fight to stop losing weight still at 2 1/2 years post op. The fact that you've not had any stalls or slow weeks would make me wonder if you might be heading the same way. Going by your side bar your bmi is still ok to carry on losing, but start working on maintaining atleast 7-10lbs above your goal as it can be tricky to find the balance.

If you do find that the weight loss continues after you want it to stop then feel free to give me a shout via pm for some tips on stopping weight loss.

Hi shell - yes, it had occurred to me whether I might be heading in the same direction as you. :eek: You're right that my BMI isn't there yet though - whereever "there" is - I haven't been given a goal or target to aim for :confused: I'll keep going for the mo and watch how the weight loss progresses in the new year. Thanks for the support x

Back