• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight up and down

luckyla

I'm now almost 9 months post op (sleeve).
In that time I've lost just over 7 stones so I'm really pleased :)
I've noticed in the last 3 or 4 weeks that my weight loss has slowed right down which I'm not really surprised at. Last week I gained 2lbs and I was really shocked. On the little I eat I'm amazed I can gain anything!
I'm wondering if anyone else at my stage has experienced weight gain or their weight loss slowing up? It may of course have just been fluid.
I still weigh weekly and I'm wondering now if I should perhaps weigh in once a month? Any feedback would be gratefully received :)

I'm not as far out as you, chick, so have no relevant advice, but just offering my commiserations & certainty that it will restart again, at least for a while :) Try to mix things up a bit or even do the 5 day pouch test. Seems the little blighter has gotten wise to you, honey :sigh::sigh: xx

Honey you may be at optimum weight!Your weight wasnt so heavy to start with,mine has slowed and I started at the same as you.Dont be too hard on yourself.

7 stone in 9 months is impressive, from what i have read this is where the hard work starts. The honeymoon period is over and its hard graft now to maintain. It will happen to every single one of us and its something i think about a lot.
I dont know what to suggest as im not far down the road yet, plenty of people who are though.
I hope i have lost the same as you at 9 months, you must be so proud of yourself. :)
Kim

hiya,
i just noticed you lost 101 lb - which is absolutely fantastic darlin but, shouldn't you be gaining entry to the century club now?? every bit of reward/praise should be on show i reckon
jan xx

maybe have a look at what your eating, have the carbs increased ?? try some different exercise or even have a one off binge all will give your body a shock.
You have done soo well and i hope i can lose 100lb with my sleeve xxxxx

genevive57 said:
hiya,
i just noticed you lost 101 lb - which is absolutely fantastic darlin but, shouldn't you be gaining entry to the century club now?? every bit of reward/praise should be on show i reckon
jan xx

Thanks for your kind words of praise :)
What is the century club?

ooops - hope i haven't dropped a clanger here but i'm sure i've seen people get an electronic award on their site once they have lost 100lb.
i am pre-opper so [to date ha ha] i don't have personal experience of this.
check it out - i'm sure a more experienced poster will guide you
jan xx

luckyla just needs to tick on the century sticker on User CP,
User CP / Your Profile / Edit Your Details. The extra badges are at the bottom.

FuturePerfect said:
luckyla just needs to tick on the century sticker on User CP,
User CP / Your Profile / Edit Your Details. The extra badges are at the bottom.

Hi

Is the century badge for losing 100lbs?

Xx

Hi

Is the century badge for losing 100lbs?

Xx

That's right.
You just tick the ones you want to show above your avatar.
Some post-oppers forget to untick the pre-opper button (that's confusing)
Some buttons supercede others, for example you don't need a post-opper badge if you also have a six month one, but there's no harm in having both.

FuturePerfect said:
That's right.
You just tick the ones you want to show above your avatar.
Some post-oppers forget to untick the pre-opper button (that's confusing)
Some buttons supercede others, for example you don't need a post-opper badge if you also have a six month one, but there's no harm in having both.

Thank you ;-)
I need to update my badges xx

I still weigh weekly and I'm wondering now if I should perhaps weigh in once a month? Any feedback would be gratefully received :)

Hi Luckyla,

I'm not sure about weighing monthly, but I would certainly consider weighing once every 2 weeks.

I know (from years and years of previous experience of diets) it can be *sooooo* frustrating if those scales don't move the way we want every 7 days, but I also know that on weeks when I had a stall or 1 lb gain it was nearly always followed by a big loss the following week ...... so I am already thinking in that I may well weigh once a fortnight after my op ...... as I just don't want the unnecessary *pressure* of having to always get the perfect result within a 7 day period of time ..... a gap of 14 days (as long as eating correctly and exercising in the meantime) is more likely to show the result that I want to see !!!

Sharonimo said:
Hi Luckyla,

I'm not sure about weighing monthly, but I would certainly consider weighing once every 2 weeks.

I know (from years and years of previous experience of diets) it can be *sooooo* frustrating if those scales don't move the way we want every 7 days, but I also know that on weeks when I had a stall or 1 lb gain it was nearly always followed by a big loss the following week ...... so I am already thinking in that I may well weigh once a fortnight after my op ...... as I just don't want the unnecessary *pressure* of having to always get the perfect result within a 7 day period of time ..... a gap of 14 days (as long as eating correctly and exercising in the meantime) is more likely to show the result that I want to see !!!

That's very true.
Maybe I'll weigh every two weeks and see how I go ;-)

Xx

Back