• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss on milk diet?

kirstyjade

what's the most people have lost on the 2 week pre op milk diet?

My op is not going to be until June/July but Iv started the milk diet today just to get some weight off, I'm gong to do it for 4 weeks until my next dietian app
I need to lose weight because iv put alot on since my last app

It will vary, but it may not be the best way to lose the weight. The milk diet is mainly for the reduction of the size of the liver ahead of surgery rather than for weightloss, you may be more successful to follow a restricted Low cal diet, with limited carbs, higher protein or following something such as slim fast for this time especially as you're not near your surgery date.

Having said that, I lost 17lbs on my milk diet ahead of surgery in 2 weeks, but am losing an average of 4lb a week now on my post op diet of 1100 cals.

hmm not a good idea having just seen the dietitian the other day i was given both themilk diet and an alternative as I may be lactose intoerant she advised for me to try them for two days only too see which was best suited as it is not suitable as a weight loss aid due to nutriention. Im with topcat strict low fat low carb diet or back on slim fast would be best option good luck. x

Back