• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have gained back the weight I lost with the milk diet, what will happen????

yasmina29

I lost between 6 to 7 kg with the milk diet, however due to unforseen circunstances I have put it back on, the worst is that I have an appointment with the nurses next with so they can give me details of the pre op liquid diet will they cancel my surgery... I don't know what to do now:(:confused:

Hello love , do you know why you have re gained the weight ? If there is a good/medical reason why you have re gained , they will understand, my pre op nurse said that one of the reasons for the milk diet ,apart from liver shrinkage is to change your state of mind , and proove your commitment to change.

Maybe you could give your hospital/clinic a ring ?

Im sure the answer to your query will be along shortly ...

Best of luck - keep positive xxxx

Do you know what the 'Unforseen circumstances' are?

If the unforseen circumstances led you to eat then be prepared they may ask you to go away and lose it before they put you on the list.They are very adamant that you show full commitment before surgery.

I lost between 6 to 7 kg with the milk diet, however due to unforseen circunstances I have put it back on, the worst is that I have an appointment with the nurses next with so they can give me details of the pre op liquid diet will they cancel my surgery... I don't know what to do now:(:confused:

Have you been on the refeed diet at L&D?

This is partly a tester in so many words, to see if you are able to 'maintain' or even lose a little while u consume food.

What date is your appointment, you could always go back on the milk diet again to lose whatever you can before your appointment to show them that you are committed to your wls journey.

Hi everyone and thaks for your replies, my main problem is stress due to recent separation from my partner of 8 years... I know that it might not be a good enough reason, but to me it was devastating. My surgery is booked for the 25th July 2011 and I am going on the 4th to see the nurses, I am sooo dreading the appointment I fought so much to get where I am and was doing so well...I am just scared that after all this waiting they will just cancel it :-(

Yes i have been checking for her to hun, hope shes okay x

me to its strange how you worry about people that you have not met. I suppose that we are all in the same boat with same thoughts around weight issues. It can be so bloddy difficult at times boo x

Hope her appointment goes okay on monday and hope she comes on here with some good news xx

Hi Yasmina, Did the hospital put you on the milk diet or did you put yourself on it to help with weight loss? One of the hospital's concerns will be how you cope with stress when one of your coping factors, eating has been taken away as they don't want us transferring to other addictions to cope. They will also be worried that we could cause problems post bariatrics, if we try and use food as we used to. However, I'd say that separation from a partner after 8yrs is very stressful and I'm sure the hospital will recognise this. The hospital may want you to see a psychologist/psychiatrist prior to surgery or may delay your op to ensure that you can cope with the restrictions of surgery.

Sending you lots of love and hugs.

Rebirthx

Hi everyone, my appointment is tomorrow and finguers crossed everything will be ok, as I already made plans for my daughter to go away for summer while I'm on recovery. However I did manage to lose 3 kg in the last few days, just been overdoing it in the gym and long walks... still very nervous, but hopefully everything will be ok, thanks to everyone for your support , I'll let you all know how it went. <3

Glad to hear off you, good luck, let us know xx

Hi guys, just back from the L&D and good news I managed to lose at least 3 kgs and they just said that was ok because i would lose it with the pre op diet, which starts on the 11th... so excited and scared at the same time but mostly excited, thanks everyone that have shown their support, i'll keep you all updated, thanks again

Excellent x

Well done hun x

Dear Yasmina29 ...
Im soooo happy for you ! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am starting my milk diet on the 13th , so if you feel you are about to give in , or need a kick up the bum (in a friendly way ) I am happy to swap numbers ... maybe we can keep eachother focussed ? Just an idea thats all.... heres to the new you ! All the best xxx

Back