• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss surgery

ElaineRobo

Hi Everyone

My name is Elaine and I have just been told that I will be recommended for surgery early next year and I can't wait. I have struggled with my weight all my life and over the past 3 years have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, high cholestrol and now diabetese.

I hope that this surgery will hopefully aliviate some of these problem.

I love reading other peoples stories and hope that I get the insperation to carry me through.

Keep up the good work.:)

Hi Elaine,

:welcome:

Welcome to the WLSurgery community and I hope you will make yourself at home and if you need any help to make your way around just ask.

I am sure someone will be along shortly who has had surgery will be able to tell you how they have found surgery has helped with their problems of high blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes.

Do you have a date for your surgery, or are you on a waiting list?

Love Mini xxx

Hiya and welcome to the wonderful world of minis (or as i like to think of it 'minis and wannabe minis'...).

I like you have diabetes and am going for a bypass as that has a high percentage rate of curing the diabetes, think the stats are more favourable than the band!

Good luck with your surgery and here's hoping you get a date soon xxx

Hi Elaine,

:welcome:

Welcome to the WLSurgery community and I hope you will make yourself at home and if you need any help to make your way around just ask.

I am sure someone will be along shortly who has had surgery will be able to tell you how they have found surgery has helped with their problems of high blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes.

Do you have a date for your surgery, or are you on a waiting list?

Love Mini xxx

Oooh Mini, your a woman! (psst i knew that already just pointing out the new field your testing re gender lol). Fabby idea xx

:) Hi Elaine,

Welcome to the forum - it's a great support & resource for all things WLS

Hi Elaine, welcome to the site.

Diabetes - check
High BP - Check
High Cholesterol - Check
Also sleep apnoea, back pains... etc

You will get relief from all of these in time. If you are diabetic then as Julie says you may well be steered in the direction of a bypass. If you are self-funding then it does cost more.

I am just 5 weeks post-op and have found relief from most of the above and my insulin has been reduced to almost nothing - 10 units / day as opposed to 170.

Good luck with your journey and keep us all informed on how you are doing.

John

Hello and welcome from across the Mersey! There is a fantastic support group for pre and post op patients in Liverpool, and a couple of other members around here too :)

Welcome to WLsurgery hun - heres hoping you get a date soon xx

Back