• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss

Lel71

Hi me again.
I went back to see the dietician at the L and D today after being on the milk diet for a few weeks. I lost 10lbs which I thought was good as I adapted the diet to suit my needs,work and other things. I've now got to do another 4 weeks to lose another 7lbs and that will take me to me 5% weight loss!
So back at the end of January and hopefully then I will have lost enough weight to get an appointment with the physician.
Is anyone else on here at a similar stage?

Parsnip

Hi me again.
I went back to see the dietician at the L and D today after being on the milk diet for a few weeks. I lost 10lbs which I thought was good as I adapted the diet to suit my needs,work and other things. I've now got to do another 4 weeks to lose another 7lbs and that will take me to me 5% weight loss!
So back at the end of January and hopefully then I will have lost enough weight to get an appointment with the physician.
Well done on the weightloss. Keep up the good work. I'm post op but there are a few pre op peeps about so hopefully one will see your post soon xx

Bling Babe

Hi me again.
That’s great news, I do feel for you having to stick with milk over the festive season, good luck. When you say adapted what do you do differently to the strict guidelines? X

Lel71

Thank you. Just hope I can keep it up especially over Christmas! How far post op are you and how much did you lose before the op if you dont mind me asking x

Bling Babe

I had one meal a day but protein and veg only as I have quite a demanding job and felt I needed something to eat x
Your brave, I didn’t dare to deviate from the plan for fear of failing, apwere the team aware of that, my surgeon did allow me to have a plain chicken salad at a wedding on day 2 of my 2 week LRD prior to surgery though. I didn’t deviate at all from my 4 week one at the very start of my journey though x

Bling Babe

Thank you. Just hope I can keep it up especially over Christmas! How far post op are you and how much did you lose before the op if you dont mind me asking x
I’m 20 months post-op, I lost almost 3 stone before my surgery but I did put on a stone before I started my pre-op milk diet because I had many “food funerals” x

Lel71

I lost 10lbs so didnt do too bad. Only another 7 to lose and that's on the reintroduction to food diet. They were fine with me. If j had gone and only lost a few pounds then it would have been a different reaction I guess. The 2 week pre op I will stick to as thats to shrink the liver. How much weight did you lose on the milk diet?

Bling Babe

I lost about 8kg (just over 17lb) on my initial 4 week milk diet and I lost 1 stone 3lb on my 2 week pre-op milk diet. I’m not sure if you’ve been able to read my diary, it’s in the bronze section and you need 100 posts to access that but I used to use a chicken OXO in hot milk in the evening which was delicious tasted just like chicken soup just a thinner consistency, I also used some of my milk allowance to make a milk jelly (quarter water, three quarters milk) using the sachets of sugar free jelly’s it makes a huge jelly that you can “eat” throughout the day. X

Lel71

I haven't tried the milk with the oxo cubes yet but I do drink the beef and chicken ones on their own as I really enjoy them and drank them even before the diet. Might have to give it a try in the hot milk.