• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight Loss

BlueDiamond

Hello all and hope your all having a nice weekend.

I know many of you mini's have had different procedures (bands, bypass, sleeves, switch, balloon etc, But I am just curious as to weight loss in general (suppose this is more for bypass and sleeves as show faster weight loss over short period of time) . I was just wondering howyour body adapts to losing weight so quickly so soon, I mean personally speaking I am doing my own diet atm and after I have lost about 7lbs I feel the cold alot more etc (most of you know where I am coming from) and I know thats down to the weight loss and over a couple of weeks by body adapts too this, I was just wondering how bypassers and sleeves bodies adapt to rapid weight loss over time as the weight loss is practically every week to start with....How does your bodies adapt with the weight you are losing, because any dietican etc will tell you 1-2lbs a week is a better way of losing the weight then losing it faster, hence their saying slowly off keeps it off........I know someone will probably open my eyes and give me the answer I am looking for , Thanks in advance for reading, enjoy your weekend Guys and Gals xx

All the best MeJulie xx:D

hi i was very cold right from the start of my weight loss

i was very tired following my op which settled but it reappeared again about week 4 as i was doing more and i think it was because my body wasnt getting the calories via my mouth and was having to get all what i needed from my fat

(i would be surprised if i was managing 300 cals in the first 6 weeks per day and as i couldnt stand the slimfast meals to boost what i was eating as they were too sweet, but i now like the slimfast smoothies so if i am having a bad day and i am struggling to eat i try to have one)
i have lost 1-2 kg per week with no weight loss on week 3 but i take my vits etc and i feel healthier for losing the weight (all be it fast) than if i hadnt lost any which with out my surgery was my other option i realise i might get to a platea at some point and if i was to abuse what i have done by eating all day etc i might gain weight but i have lost 20kg which is never going back on

Hi blue :)

I lost 22lbs on the 2 week pre op milk diet and have to say I did notice my thermostat seemed all over the place. One minute cold and shivery the next hot. Although my internal thermo has never been particularly good lol.

Thanks for both replying, am a little surprised that more didn't reply, but thank you nevertheless, its most appreciated.

All the best - MeJulie x x

Last edited:
Hi Julie
Sorry i've had my 4 year old grandson keeping me busy all day so just back on. I def feel the cold more i've lost 3 stone 9lbs but the biggest thing i've noticed is that i'm ready for bed earlier than before but i don't appear to need as much sleep as i waken a lot earlier. I also think the main difference from previous diets i have done is that i know the weight i lose will never go back on again and thats a huge huge bonus as you are right Julie when you mention the slower you lose the less likely it is to go back on x

Hi Julie
Sorry i've had my 4 year old grandson keeping me busy all day so just back on. I def feel the cold more i've lost 3 stone 9lbs but the biggest thing i've noticed is that i'm ready for bed earlier than before but i don't appear to need as much sleep as i waken a lot earlier. I also think the main difference from previous diets i have done is that i know the weight i lose will never go back on again and thats a huge huge bonus as you are right Julie when you mention the slower you lose the less likely it is to go back on x

Hello,

Thank you for replying, and congrats on the weight loss you have achieved so far and long may it continue, thank you for your input its most appreciated x x .

All the best - MeJulie........

Hi Julie, as you know I'm a bander. I have lost just over 4 stone and I have to admit I am absolutely freezing all the time. I never used to wear coats or jumpers but since my weight loss I seem to be wearing both together. Need to change my butcher as my Dad would say lolxx

Hi Julie, as you know I'm a bander. I have lost just over 4 stone and I have to admit I am absolutely freezing all the time. I never used to wear coats or jumpers but since my weight loss I seem to be wearing both together. Need to change my butcher as my Dad would say lolxx

I am exactly the same never wore a coat or jumper come rain or shine till last year, and now I have a few (excuse to shop too :D) Thanks for replying xx

All the best MeJulie xx

Hi Julie, I'm a bander and yes, I'm freezing too - anyone got a scientific reason for this. Also, although I take stuff to aid digestion I still get mega-constipation - does anyone else have this? My blood sugars have not improved since op. which has peed me off as I've lost a significant amount of weight and my periods are still awful despite Gyaenocologist saying losing weight might help. mY hair has become thinner ( not a real prob at mo. as look like crystal tips), and my nails are fragile - I take Forceval for this.

However, it is so great to be able to run up and down stairs ( I used to come down one step at a time as I had a fear of falling). My body is delighted tro be able to stride when I walk instead of shuffle on aching ankles. I am noticing that my legs are pretty muscley under all the fat - presumably as they have been weight lifting my fat for years!
I think bingo wings are more drastic with losing weight quite quickly. Hope you are ok
Lv Jen x

Large meals cause the body to generate a lot of body heat, while smaller meals produce less heat.

Individuals differ widely in their thermogenic response.

For those who are affected, the cold feeling is due to the reduction in calories particularly if on 'Sole Source' .

Other factors that influence the body heat production include the slight reduction in metabolic rate which always happens during weight loss, and of course the loss of insulating fat!

The metabolic rate represent the amount of energy the body is burning - it is the rate at which calories are used. Regardless of how you diet or how often, your metabolic rate is primarily determined by how much you weigh. In all methods of dieting there is an initial small reduction in metabolic rate by about 10-15% this phase is known as 'diet mode'. It drops quickly when food is restricted and particularly on the 'Sole Source' programme, but it drops no further despite a prolonged period of further food deprivation.

The metabolic rate returns to 'normal mode' when food intake returns to the appropriate amount for the actual energy expended to maintain the new weight.

A lighter body will not need so many calories to move it around and will establish a metabolic rate appropriate to to new weight.

Those who are sensitive to the cold need to move around more and wear many layers of clothing which is more effective than a single heavy layer.

source: Dr. Alan N Howard

Large meals cause the body to generate a lot of body heat, while smaller meals produce less heat.

Individuals differ widely in their thermogenic response.

For those who are affected, the cold feeling is due to the reduction in calories particularly if on 'Sole Source' .

Other factors that influence the body heat production include the slight reduction in metabolic rate which always happens during weight loss, and of course the loss of insulating fat!

The metabolic rate represent the amount of energy the body is burning - it is the rate at which calories are used. Regardless of how you diet or how often, your metabolic rate is primarily determined by how much you weigh. In all methods of dieting there is an initial small reduction in metabolic rate by about 10-15% this phase is known as 'diet mode'. It drops quickly when food is restricted and particularly on the 'Sole Source' programme, but it drops no further despite a prolonged period of further food deprivation.

The metabolic rate returns to 'normal mode' when food intake returns to the appropriate amount for the actual energy expended to maintain the new weight.

A lighter body will not need so many calories to move it around and will establish a metabolic rate appropriate to to new weight.

Those who are sensitive to the cold need to move around more and wear many layers of clothing which is more effective than a single heavy layer.

source: Dr. Alan N Howard

Tyvm for your input,its most appreciated

All the best - MeJulie x x

Back