• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My cycle

wobbles

I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing anything similar?

I'm now nearly 6 months post op, and each month is the same. I have about two weeks of great weight loss, then it stops completely while i ovulate and have periods, then when periods are finished, the two week losing cycle starts again, followed by the 2 weeks of ov and periods where i lose nothing at all.

It's really frustrating me, because it means there are only 2 weeks out of every month where i'm losing weight, and 2 weeks where i'm struggling and getting frustrated.

I'm 7lbs away from having lost 7stone, and i'm going back to Australia at the end of the month. I'd love to lose that 7lbs by the 22nd April, as that will be my 6 month anniversary of the op, and i'll fit into the plane seat better. But the 2 week non losing cycle has started and wont finish until around the 20th.

Gggrrrr!!

moonflower

Think it will take a time for your hormones to settle down. If you are worried give your GP a call. It must be so draining for you. I have PCOS and went through that stage summer last year now not had any since!!! that still messes with your body too. Try and keep your iron intake up
Someone might be able to offer advice

Ali

tendersage

i have a mirena coil and mine is till all over the place but its early days i am hoping it will resettle down

hopelesscase

wobbles i just have the week that its TOM where i either dont loose or if i do its just a lb. other than that im a regular as clock work. but also much lighter.

wobbles

Sorry ladies, i'm not talking about my menstrual cycle, i'm not having problems with it. In fact, quite the opposite, they're more regular than they've ever been, far less heavy and far less painful. Now they're just an inconvenience.

I've had a mirena coil before, and now that i have had a baby, all i can liken having a mirena coil to is childhirth. It was agonising for the two weeks it was in until i forced the doc to take it out. Never again!

Anyway, what i was talking about, the problem i'm having, is the weight loss. That i can only seem to lose weight for 2 weeks out of every month, that while i'm ovulatin and bleeding, i lose nothing, i obviously retain fluid, but it has restricted the time i have to lose weight each month, i'd prefer if it was consistant throughout the month and just wondered if anyone else had similar issues.

hopelesscase

Wobbles that is what i was saying i loose weight 3 out of 4 weeks though. but the week of my TOM i either loose nothing or just a lb. hormones do crazy things to us especially water retention. I take 1000mg of evening primrose a day and have done or years now i know it certainly helps with my pmt and i dont seem to have the same bloated feeling running up to TOM.

waynetta

I'm on the losers Rd.
Yeah I've just had the same happen to me, infact I put on a lb, which really bugged me! lol I have my periods for two weeks, how funs that? lol