• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight management course

jodie 79

My weight management course in Fakenham will be coming to an end in August ?
I've lost 3 stone to date thanks to the fantastic people within the course ?
I'm just looking for some advise to what to expect next... Is that the end of the road... Or can they recommend me for surgery?

my weight management ends next thursday and the paperwork will be sent to the surgery team on that date. so far the phycologist, the physio and the dietitian have written supporting letters and the paperwork has been filled out ready for final statistics to be added

That's entirely up to u, they ask u if you either want to join their follow up classes they are often twice weekly. The course I did they offered as a gp referral to join the gym for only £1. Or you can discuss with the people wether u would like to be put forward for surgery. My Dr never did it, it was the weight loss programme that did. At my first seminar up in the north east they ask you if you have been to a weight loss programme they in in favour of attending before next visit, not sure what they want in your area x

Just a quick up date I have now finished my weight management course and am now waiting to hear if I have got the funding from my local pct...I'm still unsure about being banded etc as I've lost weight by calorie counting, swimming and walking but I still need to get the funding in place just incase, any advice would be appreciated as I don't know what to do for the best ?

Hi Jodie I feel the same I have funding in place was sure I wonted the bypass not not sure thinking of band but not sure if I won't to continue on my own as have lost 4st 9lbs on my own with calorie counting and exercise but worried about maintaining. X

Exactly lozer... I have to admit while under weight management I was very focused and lost 3 1/2 stone but now I have managed to put back on 3lb already ... I think for me that it's that everything is so definate...wonder what temporary procedures are available?

Just another quick update ...after I finished the weight management course in Fakenham I kinda fell off the wagon I haven't lost any more weight but I have maintained, initially I told the drs There that I didn't want surgery for the fore see able future, I have now changed my mind!!! I contacted my local gp and have now been booked in again with the Fakenham weight management clinic I've been told this is to fill in some paperwork I'm assuming it's for funding or is it directly to the L&D? If anybody has been though a weight management programme could you please shed some light on this for me as to what the next steps are
Thank you ? x

It will probably be for funding as L&D have a seperate weight management pathway for those who need funding.

It will probably be for funding as L&D have a seperate weight management pathway for those who need funding.

Thank u :0) x

When do l n d request funding do you know? I'm off to have my triple appt, would that mean its in place or do they have to put me on 5% weightloss diet first? I have bmi of 40 with many comorbidities, including sleep apnoea which is an automatic criteria route to l n d from east.
I'm so confused :(

Back