• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Light at the end of the tunnel

jodie 79

It finally looks like all my hard work has paid off, I completed a tier 3 weight management programme with Fakenham health practice back in august and to date have lost 4 stone!!!....Today looks to be the day that will change my life forever I had an appointment today to talk about surgery and I just can't believe it I'm being referred to the UCLH, this day has been 3 or so years in the making I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel, I'm so happy and to be honest bricking it too!! Lol My dr has recommended the sleeve for me so really need to scan this site for as much info as poss ....stopping smoking is also a must too!!! Does anybody know roughly the time span from referral to hospital to surgery date? ? x

Last edited:
Brilliant news hun :D

Brilliant news well done :) ask your doc about champix for giving up smoking. My quit date was 1st oct and going well not one slip up and no horrible withdrawal symptoms but watch the weight mines creeping on ! cant help re the waiting times as all areas differ but once your on the list it should be no longer than 18 weeks . I had my appointment with surgeon back in august finally on list October so surgery should be early next year. good luck you sound incredibly focused well done and gl x x

Good luck, I also used champix to quit smoking and that was over 4 years ago :)

Well done you, that is a great amount to lose on your own xx

hi and welcome goodluck for your journey both weight and smoking i quit smoking 7 months ago on the nhs service its a 12 week course but i did it in 4 weeks and never looked back

I have taken your advise and am now on day 8 of champix finding it so hard still though to give up the fags....sounds silly but when I'm tempted I've started going on here 1 to take my mind off smoking and 2 to read comments to give myself the kick up the bum I need!!! :0)

Super well done on losing the weight !
I smoked for many years and can say it was the best thing I ever did was giving up! I can climb stairs better and have no cough nor cold in the last 10 years since giving up, sadly I have become one of those annoying people who can small a smoker 100 steps away and I shrink at the smell yukkety yuk, keep trying you will do it !

Hey Jodie! I saw my surgeon (NHS) on Wednesday last week so hoping that I'll hear my date sooner rather than later! Let me know if you get any answers to how long people waited to get a date!

the dates vary from area to area i think but most seem to be around the 18 weeks mark from being added to list to actual op so shouldnt be long as long as you have done all they ask like the quit smoking lose % of weight etc etc

Back