• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight staying the same

juem

Hi please help am so fed up am five weeks post op am doing well in my self but I can not get the weight to move iv stayed the same for four weeks now am trying to up my calories to 800 a day dose anybody no how long this can last I was 23half stone when I first started in April iv lost 5stone altogether but sin iv had my op on 22nov the last four weeks iv lost nothing this is getting me down am quit low in my self today thanks juem

Hi Jue, You aren't drinking enough fluids and you aren't taking in enough calories - and I bet you aren't taking anywhere near enough protein. Don't forget that this op is only a tool, it won't do it all for you. Good luck :)

Hi i was the same with low weight loss as are many others on this site i stayed the same for 4 weeks and then it started to move. Try not to get to down, i even thought my operation had failed. Keep strong it will move we are all different so it can go at different paces for all of us. Good luck and let us know how you are getting on xxx

... I've been exactly the same Juem. I haven't lost any weight in the past 11 days and I've actually put on .75lb. I'm so upset! :(. I constantly feel sick at the thought of any food or drink, that if I think about it too much I could actually be sick ..... the result of this is that I'm hardly eating or drinking anything :(. I'm really worried. I've been researching "starvation mode" on the web and I think this is where I am at a the mo. I know I should be eating but I can't :cry: I think I may need to revert back to the liquid stage until this nausea stage passes. sooooo depressed :wave_cry:

sorry for the whinge but at a real low at the mo and my mood not helping the family festive spirit!
xxx

Must be really hard for weight to not be moving xxx

I really hope things start moving for you again soon ladies xxx

lynne08 said:
... I've been exactly the same Juem. I haven't lost any weight in the past 11 days and I've actually put on .75lb. I'm so upset! :(. I constantly feel sick at the thought of any food or drink, that if I think about it too much I could actually be sick ..... the result of this is that I'm hardly eating or drinking anything :(. I'm really worried. I've been researching "starvation mode" on the web and I think this is where I am at a the mo. I know I should be eating but I can't :cry: I think I may need to revert back to the liquid stage until this nausea stage passes. sooooo depressed :wave_cry:

sorry for the whinge but at a real low at the mo and my mood not helping the family festive spirit!
xxx

Hi I no how you feel I did nothing but cry this morning I felt that low they don't tell us that this might happen am not doing to bad in my self and am not sick just not Hungary av gone up to 800cal today but it's hard when you r not Hungary we will just have to stay with it hope you go on ok thanks xxjuem

For what its worth try and relax. I also stalled and went back to liquid for a week and now aim for about 800-1200 cals aday and it is coming off again. As daft as it sounds up your fluid and up your cals and i think you will start to see results.

Back