• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight staying the same

I have only lost about 3lbs over the past 2 weeks, I think I am not eating enough. Will need to try to increase what I am eating.

You will find it much easier on soft foods to get enough protein in without being bored. It does go against habits of a lifetime to be told you are not eating enough, but it is very true. You don't want to be losing muscle tone, just the dreaded fat :( so you really need the protein to avoid muscle wastage. Guess what I have been using this past few weeks, Lynne :D Yep the vibrator is now in our conservatory & thus far I am accident free, lol :eek: xxx
OMG! have you warned the neighbours Denise? Please be careful. you have precious cargo inside you now :) xxx

I'm sorry but i have skimmed most of this thread. I just have one question for you....

What the hell are you joining a gym for at 4 weeks post op? Are you serious?

Firstly, you shouldn't be thinking of serious exercise until your surgeon gives you the go ahead. I know quite a few wls patients who have hernias, and a sure fire way to get one is to be doing silly things like strenuous exercise without surgical consent..... Seriously suspend your membership or only use the pool till you are told otherwise.

As for weight loss, your body is getting used to the surgery, you have swelling going on inside you and probably still some anaesthetic lurking. Be patient. You aren't taking in many cals at 500 a day. I know eating is tough, but if you can't physically eat them then drink them. Get some good protein rich milk down you, good for healing and good for the protein...

Believe me, you can't be the only one who has thought they were the one to beat the bypass and you won't be the last.

Now get on with being a big loser please :) xx

OMG! have you warned the neighbours Denise? Please be careful. you have precious cargo inside you now :) xxx

Anyone reading this, especially my hubby, I AM NOT PREGNANT, lol ... We are in a no cat household now Lynne, so I should be fine :D:D:D xxx

phatmomma said:
I'm sorry but i have skimmed most of this thread. I just have one question for you....

What the hell are you joining a gym for at 4 weeks post op? Are you serious?

Firstly, you shouldn't be thinking of serious exercise until your surgeon gives you the go ahead. I know quite a few wls patients who have hernias, and a sure fire way to get one is to be doing silly things like strenuous exercise without surgical consent..... Seriously suspend your membership or only use the pool till you are told otherwise.

As for weight loss, your body is getting used to the surgery, you have swelling going on inside you and probably still some anaesthetic lurking. Be patient. You aren't taking in many cals at 500 a day. I know eating is tough, but if you can't physically eat them then drink them. Get some good protein rich milk down you, good for healing and good for the protein...

Believe me, you can't be the only one who has thought they were the one to beat the bypass and you won't be the last.

Now get on with being a big loser please :) xx

Thanks your comment as so made me laugh in a good way I no you rare right and I will take note thanks juem

Anyone reading this, especially my hubby, I AM NOT PREGNANT, lol ... We are in a no cat household now Lynne, so I should be fine :D:D:D xxx

.... it was the cat that I was referring to! ;-) xx

this must be really frustrating for you all. stay positive guys, we all know from the stats and other members losses that it does work so the losses will increase soon i am sure. this also helps me to realise what i might be up against post op so thank you for sharing. keep posting and let us know how you get on x

Back