• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight staying the same

juem

Hi am really fed up four weeks post op and for three weeks my weight has stayed the same am not eating much still only 500cal just don't no what to do iv joined a gym today to see if that works. I thing am the only one to have a gastric bypass and not lose weight thanks xx juem

Check with your dietician hun, but i dont think your eating enough... i think...but i might be wrong that you need about 900 calories... your body is prob holding on to what you have and not burning it as its not getting enough protein xx please get your food checked out... or type down on here and someone will know what extra you can have or what to change xx

I am the same I am now 4 weeks post op and past 2 weeks I have only lost 2lbs. But from other threads on here people stay our bodies go into starvation mode. And others weights have stalled around this time. I know how you feel but let's see how it goes over next few weeks.

Raynebubble said:
Check with your dietician hun, but i dont think your eating enough... i think...but i might be wrong that you need about 900 calories... your body is prob holding on to what you have and not burning it as its not getting enough protein xx please get your food checked out... or type down on here and someone will know what extra you can have or what to change xx

Thanks for that iv only had one weetabix one small yogut soup for dinner and soup for tea and sum drinks

ooh Juem you are so not eating enough hun.. so your body doesnt want to let go of what fat it has... ie starvation mode... my daughter is after the laptop... but i will get it back in about an hour and i will write down my daily intake and see if that helps xx

Raynebubble said:
ooh Juem you are so not eating enough hun.. so your body doesnt want to let go of what fat it has... ie starvation mode... my daughter is after the laptop... but i will get it back in about an hour and i will write down my daily intake and see if that helps xx

Thank you so much am glad of any help at moment

deffo starvation mode its strange but true - I found upping the calories together with healthy eating and exercise shifted it!

PhilT said:
deffo starvation mode its strange but true - I found upping the calories together with healthy eating and exercise shifted it!

Thanks Phil iv joined the gym today. Just got to see the doc tomorrow to see if it's ok to go and I will have a go at having more calories xx juem

Hiya Juem, sorry for delay, i now have laptop back... i dont know if this will help... im on pureed and 3 weeks post op..this is my day.

Breakfast: 1 munch bunch fromais frais
Mid-day: 200ml ss milk with marvel and nas crusha or options hot choc.
Lunch: scrambled egg made with milk and half teaspoon of low fat soft herb cheese.
Afternoon: 3 teaspoons of mashed banana
Dinner: 4 teaspoons of beef mince, 3 teaspoons of mash and 3 teaspoons of tinned peas and carrots pureed with bovril.
evening: 200ml milk same as the morning

plus fluids inbetween ie tea/coffee/water/bovril whatever fluids you like

hope tis helps in some way xx

Raynebubble said:
Hiya Juem, sorry for delay, i now have laptop back... i dont know if this will help... im on pureed and 3 weeks post op..this is my day.

Breakfast: 1 munch bunch fromais frais
Mid-day: 200ml ss milk with marvel and nas crusha or options hot choc.
Lunch: scrambled egg made with milk and half teaspoon of low fat soft herb cheese.
Afternoon: 3 teaspoons of mashed banana
Dinner: 4 teaspoons of beef mince, 3 teaspoons of mash and 3 teaspoons of tinned peas and carrots pureed with bovril.
evening: 200ml milk same as the morning

plus fluids inbetween ie tea/coffee/water/bovril whatever fluids you like

hope tis helps in some way xx

Thank you I will have a go at this and see what happens

Hi I am just over 4 weeks post op and have only lost 2 lb in the last 3 weeks. It is really getting me down as well.
I have increased my calories to about 800 - 900 and it hasn't worked for me. Some days I manage 2 litres of water and then some only 1 :(

I think we have to try and be patient. It will move when it's ready. Doesn't help in the meantime I know :( especially when you keep getting asked how much have you lost gggrrrrr lol

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I read these posts and it really helps us all. I am in same situation and weight loss slow but check your inches lost. I was amazed at how much ive lost inches but not weight. Remember we are all different and lose weight at different degrees. We WILL get there. I even started thinking my op had failed i was so down about it. But with the support on here it gets easier x

OMG!! I am so glad for this site as I too will be 4 weeks post op tomorrow and have only lost 1 lb in the last 11 days! I've been getting really down about it and I'm so not a depressed kind of person, I usually just get on with it ....... but after putting ourselves through this op to NOT lose weight, is soooooo disheartening :wave_cry:

BUT .... I think this seems to be quite normal girls! I've been scouring other people's weight losses over the weeks and 1 to 2 lbs in the weeks 2/3/4/5 seems to be quite common.

as I've said in a previous post, I've asked Santa for a sack full of patience for Xmas, because I think that is the answer ;)

chin up everyone :) we're all in this together and any weight loss is in the right direction.... slow or otherwise xxx

take care
xxx

lynne08 said:
OMG!! I am so glad for this site as I too will be 4 weeks post op tomorrow and have only lost 1 lb in the last 11 days! I've been getting really down about it and I'm so not a depressed kind of person, I usually just get on with it ....... but after putting ourselves through this op to NOT lose weight, is soooooo disheartening :wave_cry:

BUT .... I think this seems to be quite normal girls! I've been scouring other people's weight losses over the weeks and 1 to 2 lbs in the weeks 2/3/4/5 seems to be quite common.

as I've said in a previous post, I've asked Santa for a sack full of patience for Xmas, because I think that is the answer ;)

chin up everyone :) we're all in this together and any weight loss is in the right direction.... slow or otherwise xxx

take care
xxx

Hi iv been to see some one today and iv got to try and have more calories am only having about 500 she said am in starvation mod got to up it to 900 if I can thanks for this cud you tell me did you lose much weight befor ur op xx juem

Hi Juem,

I'm having somewhere between 400-600 cals per day, so maybe I need to up my intake too but the thought of pureed food makes me feel physically sick! I move onto soft stage tomorrow so that might help up the calories a little.

I started the pre op diet about 2 weeks before surgery at 18st 10lb and lost 16lb so was happy with that. my weekly losses from then are noted under my signature and I will update week 4 tomorrow once I've done the dreaded weigh in. I feel sick at the thought of it. I'm going to change to monthly weigh ins from now on. take the pressure off a bit.

Lynne
xxx

lynne08 said:
Hi Juem,

I'm having somewhere between 400-600 cals per day, so maybe I need to up my intake too but the thought of pureed food makes me feel physically sick! I move onto soft stage tomorrow so that might help up the calories a little.

I started the pre op diet about 2 weeks before surgery at 18st 10lb and lost 16lb so was happy with that. my weekly losses from then are noted under my signature and I will update week 4 tomorrow once I've done the dreaded weigh in. I feel sick at the thought of it. I'm going to change to monthly weigh ins from now on. take the pressure off a bit.

Lynne
xxx

Am just at that now I was 23.5 when I started in April lost 2 stone so I could have the op and then sum more on the pre op so far about 5stone a think we have just got to wait to see what happens you think just because we have had this the weight will drop off how wrong xxjue

Hi Girlies :) You are right, you are not eating/drinking enough. At 4 weeks you should be having around 800/900 cals & a minimum of 2lts of fluid in whatever form you can manage. Make sure you are getting enough protein. Gym exercise is not recommended until after your 6 week check up but there is nothing stopping you walking your legs down to stumps :D
Due to extreme nausea my first 2 weeks I was not even managing 500cals & so I went into starvation mode big time & I lost nothing at all for 4 weeks :) but then once my body realised it was going to get fed on the 800cal & upped my intake to, it started coming off. I am now 11 weeks post op & just short of 4 stone down (including milk diet). My calories have also increased to 1000 per day. If you can relax about it all, & keep away from the dreaded SCALES, you will find things moving along nicely. Weighing yourselves daily is demoralising as it does not come off regimentally, but in fits & starts. If you weigh yourselves weekly or even 2 weekly, you will see better results. Chins up, all of you ... it will happen xxx :D

Last edited:
Hi Girlies :) You are right, you are not eating/drinking enough. At 4 weeks you should be having around 800/900 cals & a minimum of 2lts of fluid in whatever form you can manage. make sure you are getting enough protein. Gym exercise is not recommended until after your 6 week check up but there is nothing stopping you walking your legs down to stumps :D
Due to extreme nausea my first 2 weeks I was not even managing 500cals & so I went into starvation mode big time & I lost nothing at all for 4 weeks :) but then once my body realised it was going to get fed on the 800cal & upped my intake to, it started coming off. I am now 11 weeks post op & just short of 4 stone down (including milk diet). My callories have also increased to 1000 per day. If you can relax about it all, & keep away from the dreaded SCALES, you will find things moving along nicely. Weighing yourselves daily is demoralising as it does not come off regimentally, but in fits & starts. If you weigh yourselves weekly or even 2 weekly, you will see better results. Chins up, all of you ... it will happen xxx :D
I knew the voice of reason would be along to reassure us that things are ok ...... thanks Denise xxx. My natural instinct is to 'reduce' the amount that I am eating as that is the habit of a lifetime of dieting!! . Soft foods from tomorrow, and increased fluids and I should be on a losing spiral !!

Big hugs
xxx

I knew the voice of reason would be along to reassure us that things are ok ...... thanks Denise xxx. My natural instinct is to 'reduce' the amount that I am eating as that is the habit of a lifetime of dieting!! . Soft foods from tomorrow, and increased fluids and I should be on a losing spiral !!

Big hugs
xxx

You will find it much easier on soft foods to get enough protein in without being bored. It does go against habits of a lifetime to be told you are not eating enough, but it is very true. You don't want to be losing muscle tone, just the dreaded fat :( so you really need the protein to avoid muscle wastage. Guess what I have been using this past few weeks, Lynne :D Yep the vibrator is now in our conservatory & thus far I am accident free, lol :eek: xxx

TwinkleTwinkle said:
You will find it much easier on soft foods to get enough protein in without being bored. It does go against habits of a lifetime to be told you are not eating enough, but it is very true. You don't want to be losing muscle tone, just the dreaded fat :( so you really need the protein to avoid muscle wastage. Guess what I have been using this past few weeks, Lynne :D Yep the vibrator is now in our conservatory & thus far I am accident free, lol :eek: xxx

Thank you again for the help I do feel a little better noing that am not on my own xxxxx juem

Back