• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight Watchers

Sarahj2710

Hi

I just wondered if anyone is following the WW plan following their procedure, and if so does this help, is it worth doing or should I just try and stick to calorie counting?

Thanks

I've seen a few people do weight watchers and slimming world post op when they felt they needed the extra support of the group meetings or some kind of guide. I lost 6 stone with weight watchers several years back, so it definitely worked but I just didn't keep at it. Maybe the combination of the bypass and weight watchers could do wonders but you seem to be doing really well at the moment anyway? If you feel you need the extra support I don't think it hurts to try it at all, anything that helps you get there and stay at where you want to be has got to be a good thing :) x

I have started counting ww points. I needed the focus as my loss has slowed. Juries still out on whether its working.

Thanks ladies. I agree with you Yve, I need the focus more than anything else as my losses had slowed also. I'll give it a go and see how I get on. Xx

last year I lost 5 stone in 4 months with slimming world, I found slimming world easier because you dont have to weigh your meat, veggies or fruit. But I guess it is what you prefer and are used too

One thing I have found, because I'm not bulking with veg, my points are higher than expected. I will always follow bypass rules first, healthy eating second and then any other diet. However, I know I went into heavy loss mode because my periods started again. And what was looking like a 4lb gain turned into a 1.5lb loss. This week will give me a better idea.

Rosemary Conley is great! Its really the only one that is just healthy eating but you do have to calorie count everything which I know some don't like. I've done them all in my time and had massive loses on sw and rc and good loses with ww but I never manage to get all the way to goal.xx

I did so slimming world and list quite a bit of weight, but don't like the idea of immeasurable amounts of food. That's where I lose control, and just eat what I like. I need to have the control of sticking to points or calories or whatever, as long as there is some control there. If you know what I mean. X

I did ww to rid my final 1.5st as started stalling. The change of diet etc really helped shake my body up n got me back losing week on week

I've just never really done slimming world. And not got to grips with counting only some things?

Yeah, let's face it we if could cope with portion control, probably wouldn't need surgery. Some habits are hard to break even after surgery, which is why I personally need that control, as I've no real restriction following my bypass.

I have rejoined we and start on Wednesday. Hit a stall and need help with my last bit I want to loose? Good luck everyone !!

Good luck Hun. I think the hardest bit for me is keeping an eye on the fats as high protein can up the fat.

I started ww pre surgey & lost 2.5st then another 1st on the pre-op diet, I've continued going all through my journey as I struggle to get to support group meetings & use the group as my support instead. The leader & my fellow losers all know about my surgery as I didn't want others to see me losing lots & potentially being disheartened. The diet is high protein, low fat & sugar high fibre, perhaps not to such strict levels as we have but it got my mind set ready for it pre-op & has helped keep that focus or regain it when I've slipped the weekly weigh in controls the need to jump on the scales & knowing I'm being weighed on the same calibrated scales each week give me a constant & the support both online & at meetings is great for me. It's worth a try to see if it helps you.

I've been toying with this for the past week as I need focus and the support. I've not got on with the new pro-points. I think it's because in my head I still have the old points values stuck in there from when I did WW 14 years ago. I'm off to look for a local group.

I still use the old ones. I have a scale and an app on my iPhone which makes it easy for me.

I'd never used the old system so the pro-points worked for me. As such I don't monitor my pro-points as I found to get my protein in the 26 minimum points I'm on don't always fit in with the levels we need, having said that I do try to stick to the principals & now I'm closer to my goal I may try to combine the two again to refocus & get my mind set back in place firmly once again as it is easy to slip things in that shouldn't be in our diets & leave them there as a constant rather than an occasional treat.

I gave myself a little wiggle room as I didn't want to obsess or for this to be a stick to beat myself with. So added an extra couple of pts.

I quite agree Yvessa. That's why I don't track if I loose great if I don't then I review what I've eaten on the my fitness pal app I use to track my protein intake, I don't worry to much about calories/carbs etc but try to eat within a 1000/1200 calories each day. But then again thats not written in stone i do try to be relaxed about food while being sensible. Then give myself a kick if I've been to lax but as you say try to stay relaxed whilst eating healthily & sensibly.

Back