• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sooo disappointed

shelleyt

I feel upset and disappointed as I don't seem to be losing weight like I should:-( I am following what my team have said and I know I should not be comparing myself to others but it's disappointing when I have had a sleeve to help me and my husband has just cut down and is loosing more weight than me. Any advice :(

shelleyt said:
I feel upset and disappointed as I don't seem to be losing weight like I should:-( I am following what my team have said and I know I should not be comparing myself to others but it's disappointing when I have had a sleeve to help me and my husband has just cut down and is loosing more weight than me. Any advice :(

I am on my phone so can't see stats. How far post op are you chick?

Hi fluffs I am 7 wks post op today, Ive lost 36lb but that includes 8pm pre op diet loss, I have lost inches and can tell in my clothes but feel it should be coming off better than 1lb or staying the same x

Are you drinking enough and cutting carbs? And bloody well done on your loss :)

THink its sometimes a waiting game for some of us we can do the same as others but not loose as much as all the others I have found that because I ate healthily before I eat pretty much what I did before just in much smaller quantities very little has changed for me bit more water and still exercise, some people didn't eat so healthily before or exercise so that would have a weight loss impact on some, it can be disheartening I agree. Keep it going that is a canny weightloss, however men can drop weight faster than most women. xx

Never compare youself to a man (fir one we are infinatley better LOL) but they do tend to lose the pounds faster than us, you have done well!!! Xx

Hi fluffs I am 7 wks post op today, Ive lost 36lb but that includes 8pm pre op diet loss

You are losing at least 4 lbs a week.

When was the last time you were on a diet with a virtually guaranteed 3 or 4 lbs loss per week ???

Men have different metabolisms and if he is bigger than you it will be biologically possible for him to lose faster (life sucks).

But with your sleeve you at least have the knowledge that THIS weight loss should be for life and not another "yo yo" on / off diet.

If you continue losing at the rate of 3 - 4 lbs a week that will be a stone per month.

Men can lose a stone and a half per month which is just sod's law !!

Thank you to all of you for your comments, I did have a pretty healthy diet but larger portions than what I have now. I do think I need to drink more and will do. I am starting a gym 2 days a week aswell as the walking and just got a wii fit so I will be going on that. It may be that I am a slow loser but I think most of us want it to show now, just been for my walk and feel better and also the support off you guys, thank you xx :eek:

shelleyt said:
Thank you to all of you for your comments, I did have a pretty healthy diet but larger portions than what I have now. I do think I need to drink more and will do. I am starting a gym 2 days a week aswell as the walking and just got a wii fit so I will be going on that. It may be that I am a slow loser but I think most of us want it to show now, just been for my walk and feel better and also the support off you guys, thank you xx :eek:

4lbs a week is not slow. Honest :D

And I agree with Chrisa. I may not have massive loses post op as I have lost a lot pre op. my diet won't change a lot. Will just be less. But the key thing is knowing you have a good chance of keeping most of it off forever :) that's the most mood lightening thought ever :)

Your exercise may be masking weight loss too. It can make you build lean muscle and retain water. The. Soon you will have a whoosh! So keep positive and keep doing so well :D xxx

Im the same hun 5 weeks post sleeve and its so slow, lost 17lb in 5 weeks and had 2 stalls but had lost 78lb pre op so guess it will be slower but dietician told me to up cals to 1000 a day as im at the gym nd swim 3 times a week struggling to get that much in but i find my protien drink helps :)

I'm the opposite I loose on average 2lb a week and am very happy at that. Don't get me wrong I would love to loose 4lb a week but don't think that's ever going to happen lol. I have never been on a diet and lost this much weight ever and kept it off and still going down. Thats what we have got to think and for once in my life I know I will have a normal bmi at the end of this journey no matter how long it takes me. Plus you's are all doing great and have lost over a stone a month (how good is that) :) x x x

Thanks all, I can see now I shouldn't be in such a hurry as long as it comes off and I can maintain it that's better x

Shelley you haven't said anything most of us haven't mulled over in our minds, we can all understand how you feel and its hard and it is forever so that we can have a happy healthy body, we are always here to listen no matter what the problem may be we all have our hang up days thats the beauty of this site xx

Hi fluffs I am 7 wks post op today, Ive lost 36lb but that includes 8pm pre op diet loss, I have lost inches and can tell in my clothes but feel it should be coming off better than 1lb or staying the same x

Do you mean 1lb a week or month? I agree with Fluff - I only ever have good loss (in all my years of dieting) when I am taking in over 2L of water a day. 36lbs in 7 weeks is really good, perhaps things are just slowing down for a few weeks and then as you up your activity the numbers will get better again - it is clearly working as you have lost 36lbs already.
Good Luck
xxxx

Back