• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Revised personal goal weight

Neeta

Following my second visit to the Dietician today I have decided to revise my personal weight loss goal.

Originally I had thought that I wanted to be 11 stone, but on discussing things, the Dietician thinks that this is a little too much and that I should really go on how I feel within myself and with my clothes. (I am now in a size 14 bottom and size 16 on top). She said that I should try to aim for a size 12/14.

If I were to go to 12 stone I would only need to shed another 5 pounds, so I have decided to go for 11 stone 7 pounds or 161 pounds.

I was just wondering if anyone else has revised their goal weights and if so from what weight did you go from and what weight did you get to.

I know we don't have much controll over how much we loose with having a bypass. Sorry for waffelling on and on and on :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading. Anita. xx

I have revised mine to aim for around 17st 7lbs and then I would like to get to a size 18 or a very happy 16.
I did first plan on getting down to 15stone but after talking to someone else who has lost weight she said if I set a goal and don't reach it I will be sad and maybe become obsessed so will do my best to get to a happy size.

I allways said I wud be happy to get to size 16. But now iam there have to admit I want to be 14. I still weigh 13.10 at last weigh in so thinking need to be maybe 12 stone

I always said I wanted to return to 8st which I was previously before my health problems (I'm only 5ft).
My sister was over a few nights ago and she's a size 10/12 and the same height as me and said she's 10 and a half stones. I'm wondering how emaciated I'd look 2 and a half stones lighter than her so I may revise mine in the future..
xx

I was hoping to go for 10 stones thinking that that is a reasonable goal weight and is a little higher than what is considered "normal" for my height. However since I have slimmed down to a size 16 I have been absolutely horrified at the state of my upper arms and tops of my thighs. I mean really horrified. They are not something that I really look closely at but I had a little cut on my lower stomach that I needed to take care of and got close to a magnifing mirror when, to my horror I got a close up of "wrinkle city" on the top of my thighs. I am assuming that this will only get worse with the more weight I lose so I think that I will also revise my goal weight to 12 stones which will leave me just 10lbs to lose.

I am seeing my surgeon tomorrow so will discuss this with him and see what he advises - otherwise it is going to cost me a fortune in further surgeries to correct the problem. Don't take me wrong please, I am over the moon to have lost all this weight and would put up with the wrinkles etc rather than gain weight again. However at 62 years I think it is a bit unrealistic to expect my skin to shrink back to what it used to be so might happily settle for a heavier goal weight than originally intended.

Isn't it nice, though, that we have that decision in our own hands now and not have to go for weigh in's and get frowned upon because we haven't done as well as expected :D

Absoloutly I wanted to be about 11st but im more than happy at just under 13st.I am size 14/16.I wouldnt want to be skeletal.Shoulders,hips and bum are already bony.
True some of the weight is now wobbly skin but it weighs a lot lighter than fat!

I'm completely confused about the whole thing to be honest. I thought I wanted to be 10 stone 2lbs but revised that upwards to 11 stone to give myself a mid-range healthy BMI. I was about 11 stone when I met my hubby and I think I was about a 12/14. I'm 5 ft 10 ins so get confused when much shorter people are a size 12 even though they weigh more than 11 stone. I'm 16 stone and a little bit now and clearly have a lot left o lose, but can't really afford to lose another ounce from my face ! I feel normal but fat now if you see what I mean, but when I was this size before I felt I was enormous and couldn't ever lose the massive amount of weight felt I was carrying. It was that sense of hopelessness that added to my problem.So in reality, I have no idea what I want to weigh. I want to be a size 12, as a size 12 is proper ladylike and feminine, but I have no idea what I would weigh to be a 12, or if I can ever get there ! I've had no advice from the hospital on this one which is a shame as I'd appreciate help with setting a realistic goal.
xx

i havnt been given a target... but then i havnt had a check up yet..and my op was in november.... im having my 3 month check at 4 months in March!!...will they give m a target or do i have to set one myself?

I wasn't given one either Rayne
xx

i havnt been given a target... but then i havnt had a check up yet..and my op was in november.... im having my 3 month check at 4 months in March!!...will they give m a target or do i have to set one myself?

I made my own target, but was advised that they thought it was a little too low and now I have had time to think about it and adjust to my "new" self, that perhaps I was being a little bit over the top with it. I am sure that they will advise you in the right direction if you have one for yourself in mind.

good luck with it. :D

I'm 5 foot and am aiming for 9 stone, fingers crossed :) xx

Revised mine. Was originally set at 9st 11, then 10st but now at 12st I feel fab and will be over the moon to be 10 summit :D xx

I just guessed at a weight with nothing more in mind that putting a figure in the info box on here. I am seeing my surgeon or the dietician next month and will probably ask them what my target weight should be.
I would ideally like to weight about 12 stone 7 lbs. But my face already looks to me to be really skinny and my shoulders are like a skeletons hanging up in a doctors surgery, even though I still have loads to lose.

Lynne x

This is a very interesting thread, thanks for who started it!

I'm 12st 2 ish at the moment (not sure cos I'm away and don't have my scales!). My daughter in law couldn't believe I weigh that much cos to her I look slim enough. I'm only 5 foot 1 so definitely want to be in the low 11s at the very least, and in the 10s would make me deliriously happy. I am only 8 weeks post op so I'm waiting and seeing right now, but my weight loss is very slow. I'm also in my 60s so don't want to push myself too far and end up looking scrawny which isn't a good look in an older woman.

Thanks everyone for joining in, it is really interesting to see how much difference there is from what we wanted to be at weight wise in the beginning, but as it starts to come off and we feel more healthy, reality sets in and perhaps we were being a little over enthusiastic about our goals.

I am currently 12 stone 5 and a size 14. The Dietician told me to aim for a size 12/14 (12 on the bottom and 14 on top) and not to get hung up about my weight loss as such but to go on how I feel in myself and how my clothes fit. Makes sense I suppose, So I am just going to go with the flow from now on and see how things pan out. ;) I am happy and that is the main thing :D xx

Back