• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight Watchers

I think I was more worrie about the higher fat contet in cheese and things. And with my start weight I think I knew eventually I would want to count something.

Is it the group situation you need?? I am quite strict with myself and record everything I eat on my fitness pal, that works for me. I have slowed over Christmas but thats because I did allow myself a few extra treats. I am back on track now and hope to continue and lose the final 50lbs, which sounds barely anything considering I have lost 128 already, 50Lbs a drop in the ocean!!!
Fingers crossed it keeps happening!!!
good luck everyone

I want the comfort of something familiar that worked for me. I still lose without counting at all because I eat healthy but wanted to boost my losses.

I think it's what works for us. The problem I had with ww groups was that the meetings were cycled.

I don't go to the groups, I follow the plan on line. I very rarely use all my daily points allowance, and am not sure if that's ok, but I just can't eat that much some days. But I do like the control and regime. I think it's just what works for you personally. Wouldn't it be fantastic if our 'miracle cure' didn't require us to work at it!! Lol xxxx

I think it does. I can still lose without counting things, but I wanted to take advantage of this time I have where weight loss is still very fast - but I know I can eat just healthy and still lose.

I've found my books with the old plan in. I've sorted a menu plan out for the next week. Hubby wants to lose a stone too (I have 1 stone 4 lbs to my goal now) so I'll be counting strictly for him.

I joined Sw in July ( a year out) to help me focuss and support my hubby who is also attending. I've lost the last one and a half stone with the plan. It has really helped me increase my fruit and vegetable consumption. I still use my side plate and eat my protein first but have lots of free foods (vegetables ) on the plate. Ensuring at least a third of the plate is covered in free foods ( veg and some fruit) at every meal is how Slimming World control portion size. Sure you can eat a mountain of pasta ( as a bypasser I skip the high carb bits anyway) but you have to have at least the equivalent portion size of veg.
Going to group certainly helps limit my bad habits of eating chocs etc !

Joined WW last Wednesday .. Told them I had surgery and they were lovely. Already began to get my mind a bit straight on earring better.

I really enjoy the groups and the weighing in as it keeps my mind on my goal . Had along discussion with the leader regarding the fact that I don't see the point in cooking just for myself.. Hardly seems worth the effort most times !!

Good luck to all which ever way you choose to help with your journey

Xxx

Little upset this week as I gained. Have gone back to healthy eating to see if that's any better. Don't really know what to think. Am very worried that I will be one of those people who eventually gains it all back.

Don't panic Yve. I've had 2 gains now, just a couple of pounds and they came off again. I'm expecting it again after my last big loss as I relaxed yesterday. It happens if I'm not absolutely perfect and then my body adjust again and I start losing again. Also time of the month, water retention etc it happens. I bet you get a nice big loss again soon :) x

Thanks honey :) I have been very good today, just followed the healthy eating. Unfortunately I don't always trust my instincts, despite knowing that counting is not something I can do anymore I still try it. I was so obsessed. So feeling a bit more myself again. I guess i need to let go of my need to get to a number goal and just accept what my body will give me.

I completely understand. It's all such a head game but you will get there, we both will. Just going to have some ups and downs along the way :) x

This is a very useful thread as I was wondering the same thing, so thanks lol.

Shelleymarie Ive just noticed you live about 10 mins away from me. Small world xx

Minoots, I to feel no hunger & food is just necessary fuel which in someways is great in others a danger as I can easily forget to eat.
I picked up in sainsburys yesterday some mini weight watchers recipie books they were on a bogof or £4.99 each 1 was Easy fish, 2 was midweek meals, 3 was family favourites, 4 was simply spicy, 5 was for on & two, & lastly 6 was satisfying supper. Each has170 pages of recipies & pictures. There seem to be another 6 in the collection winter earners, chicken favourites, easy Italian, meat free meals, rice & noodles, weekdays, weekends & soups & salads. The 6 I've got look good & can still be adapted down for our limits if needs be with alternative ingredients you may find they're worth a look. They were on one of those aisle dump stands.

My weigh in day tomorrow, so will see how my first week went. I've basically stopped using mfp, and have been using my pro-points, but feel a little bit out of control as I don't know about the calorie consumption and think I am eating too many calories. I wish I didn't feel hunger!! Lol.
We're getting there guys, gotta keep plodding on!!

Have been doing my WW for a month now, 6lb lost last week. 14lb lost in total doing WW.

Back