• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight Watchers

well done hon. I gained on ww :( But doing much better with the healthy eating. Week 1 was 4lbs. week 2 will be saturday.

Are you just counting calories again Yve??

I'm not counting a thing lol. 3 meals 2 snacks and stick to what I know is healthy. No more crap treats.

And you're doing really well. So proud of you girl, managing to do that. I haven't quite worked out with myself unrestrained eating yet! :-(

I actually find it much easier. No more punishing myself for eating one point too many or feeling like I'm not giving my body good stuff, but using my points badly. So am feeling more relaxed than I have in ages.

I've been counting my points for the last couple of weeks, rarely go over and haver never used all of my points and my weekly allowance. Not been tracking on MFP, and decided to check what my calorie intake was for today, even under my points I was still at 1415 calories. I nearly had a heart attack as I think that's way too much. Am now all confused again. :-(

I honestly just don't think any sort of counting can be the answer. We have malabsorption so how can 800 cals be enough to stop us going into starvation mode? And if you are getting enough good protein in the fats will push your points high, but we need the protein. So I gave up counting and just focused on 3 high protein meals with 2-3 snacks.

I've been counting my points for the last couple of weeks, rarely go over and haver never used all of my points and my weekly allowance. Not been tracking on MFP, and decided to check what my calorie intake was for today, even under my points I was still at 1415 calories. I nearly had a heart attack as I think that's way too much. Am now all confused again. :-(

Sarah just do what works for you, seems you are really doing well with ww so keep doing that and forget counting calories. MFP and calorie counting, weighing food works for me because I never did that before ever in my life. I did weight watchers, slimming world, cambridge, vlcd, fat free etc but never really learnt about what I was putting in my body. If weight watchers is working and you are losing weight then that is all that matters. What works for some doesn't for others but when you find something that works, keep at it until it doesn't :) For me I up and down my calories to keep my body guessing but I still always lose the most when I eat healthy, high in protein meals so I think that is the base for all of us. How we develop from there is personal for us all :) x

I count everything and still weigh everything and keep my food diary. But I know that this not the way forward, I just don't have the confidence yet to estimate how much I'm eating!! I would be terrified that I had eaten too much, but ultimately need to relax and start enjoying food again hopefully.. I agree that if the points work for you and you are losing weight you have nothing to worry about sarah... xx

I would third that. But I do think that for long term maintenance healthy eating is part of the journey. But appreciate we are all so different

I started at ww 2 weeks ago and lost 3lbs first week and 2 lbs the next week and it is because I am taking the time to think about what I eat, the quality etc.

because I live on my own I just could not really bother with food, now am following good eating and it is beginning to get my loss going again

I can't eat the full amount of points but at least I am now aware of better eating

They know about my surgery and understand that it is a tool not a magic wand. If I don't use the tool property it will not work

I also like the weekly weight in an chatting to others

What ever route you take... Good luck !!

Back