• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

well i finally got my op date!!!!

nichola24

someone from a Mr Alans office rang me today, said she was from the bariatric department and my heart stopped! i started shaking and when she said ive got a date for you i thought i was goin to burst into tears!!!

25th November she said!

as soon as i put the fone down i was crying with happiness and relief but when i realised its the day before my family (excluding me) go on hol ive been feeling so crap all day :-(

my mum wants me to cancel and wait for another appointment so that she can be there to look after me instead of other family members but ive waited sooo long i dont want to risk losing it or waiting months and months for it!

what was supposed to be the best day of my life in the last 2 yrs has turned out to be one of the worst :-(

Nicola,

I am so sorry that it has been such a tough road so far. I don't know the system there very well, so I will ask in the hopes that it might help....
What is the likelihood that if you request another date, that you will not get anything for months? Or would they be able to put something in for December?

Are your family's plans for holiday set or would they be flexible so they could be there for you? Unfortunately, none of us are ever able to live in a vacuum and pick "the perfect time" for the procedure. I had mine on Weds., but my kids were out of school on Thursday and Friday while I was in the hospital. Then, this weekend, my best friend is getting married in another state. Nothing is ever perfect....we just have to make it work.

Point is, hang in there! Try to look at the big picture! It will happen and when it does, it will be even more sweet!

Good luck,
Tamar

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

oh nichola, thats a shame :( but to be honest i would go ahead. You have someone to look after you, and you can text or phone your progress to you family, good luck on whatever you decide to do :) xxx

Must be so hard for you hun, but it sounds like you have waited for this for a while. Your health and happiness are really important its such an opportunity. I have had to make a hard descision not to put my off so i know its hard. Good luck sweetie xx

Aww. Really feel for you.
I've just got my date of 4th Jan which means no Xmas dinner or New Year drinks as I'll be on the pre-op diet.
My Granda who I was extremely close to died last year on 3rd Jan and his birthday is 2nd Jan so my op will be after the 2 hardest days of the year for me. I totally understand where you're coming from but I would no way change my date. Everything happens for a reason and maybe my date is a gift from Granda. Who knows?
It's obviously down to how you feel but I can't help feeling I'd regret it if I didn't take the 1st available date!
xx

Go for it!! as next date they pick may be suitable either and you will have to wait even longer... !! im sure your other friends and family will be just as supportive and your mum will understand as its long road and its continued support you need not only at the start.. xx

hey xx thanks for all the support and advice :)

well i rang the hospital back up and she said she would try get me an appointment for december but as she doesnt know any dates yet ive decided to keep the one i have and she said to call bk on 31st oct to see if they have come thru.

if the dates still havnt come thru il keep my original date otherwise i will look at what dec dates there are. im only doing this for my mum, im not fussed if shes not here to look after me lol, i have my dad and my aunt anyway, but you wouldnt believe how much aggro she is giving me over it :-(

sigh hopefully by 31st i will know wats happening and she will get off my bk!

Perhaps you should suggest she cancel her holiday if it means that much to her, after waiting all this time there's no way on earth I'd cancel to cater to someone elses wants.
Good luck hun xx

Good luck hun ?

Nichola.. I haven't even told my Mam my surgery date. I've got a support network & don't want her to worry/bother. You coulkd always fib & tell her you've postponed & when she comes back it'll all be over.
Just think of how much weight you would lose between those 2 dates!!
xx

hmmmm as tempting as tht is louise the op is the day before they fly out and i think she would twig on to me only drinking milk for 2 weeks prior to it lol. i still live at home so my every move is monitored lol!! :-(

hmmmm as tempting as tht is louise the op is the day before they fly out and i think she would twig on to me only drinking milk for 2 weeks prior to it lol. i still live at home so my every move is monitored lol!! :-(
have u not got a friend u could stay with? lol

Going through my TT which was so important to me, I would keep my original date. Surely your family would understand how much it means to you and it's not like you'll be on your own. Your Mum could cancel her holiday or if neither of you want that to happen she can always call you 20 times a day! Lol!

I know you can't usually grasp emotion through text and crikey I'm not meaning it to come across as cold as it was when I just read that back! I just know that I've gone through the waiting and jumping through hoops to get my op, and I knew that even if hell froze over I'd be there checking in at the hospital on my op date! But like I said... That's just me.

Good Luck!

:-D

The very best of luck with whatever you decide, sweetie ... It is hard enough without someone (even your mum) making things even harder. xxx :):)

if i did have it when my mum goes off on hol my dad said i could go over and stay at my nana's where him, my nana, my uncle and my aunt which is a retired nurse would look after me so no probs with being looked after xx

we keep arguing its horrible :-( we have come to the agreement we will wait until 31st oct. if they can give me a def date for december then i will take it otherwise i will keep the date i have. i think thts more than fair.

so just a case of waiting.......:-(

Nichola,

I would bet it's hard to be arguing with her, especially since you live together. Just remember, no matter what, this is you doing something for YOU. You have to do what works for you. If it works for her, great. If not, it is for you. This surgery is about you, your health, and your future. She can choose to be a part of it or not. Don't own the guilt that she might be feeling as a result of the conflict. Hang in there!!

Tamar

Thanks Tamar xx

its hard but i will wait till 31st.

cant wait to start getting excited!! ooo nd start buying smaller clothes :)

UPDATE

called hospital and have changed my op date to the 8th december, the next date was 19th....no way im waiting tht long!

mum wont get bk till 11th but ive been more than fair giving up my nov date. least i get to celebrate my bday now without being on the pre op diet! :)

off to tell work the good news now haha, they will love me, im off work as it is from 24th nov til the 12th dec! yay no more work for months! :)

Back