• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've got my date!!!!!!

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
Omg I must be psychic or something. I was contemplating phoning the waiting list dept today and they phone me!

I'm booked in for Thursday 19th May!

I feel so much better now I have a definite date. But then I ran into a friend who works at the hospital and she told me that they have to offer a date within 12 weeks of going on the list or they fail their targets. She said they give you the date and then cancel it. However she is one of those friends who tends to be the voice of doom lol. So sod her. I'm going to feel happy. :D

I'm off shopping tomorrow for a new dressing gown and slippers lol.

fab news exciting stuff eh!!! xx

Thrilled to bits for you!!! About time xx

Great news, congrats.. we may be starting this together as I am hoping not to be too far behind you xx

whoopie, bet you're pleased as punch x

can't take the smile off my face lol.

Just had a phone call from my Dad though. A couple of days ago he booked a holiday down in Dawlish. He and my stepmum are due to leave two days before my surgery for a fortnight. He now wants to cancel so he can be nearby if I need some support. Trouble is that my dad is having chemo in 9 week rotations and this is the only time they can get away for months. They really need that holiday. So I've spent the last 20 mins trying to persuade him that I will be absolutely fine and will have tons of visitors and lots of help when I get home. That's not actually true as I won't have any visitors and only have someone to help walk the dog when I get back home. But I'll have my laptop and phone in the hospital to keep me busy and if, god forbid, something does go badly wrong, they can get the train back up north. I think he's going to cancel though.

I just can't make myself postpone the op. I've waited so long for this.

I know exactly how you feel , i havent even had my date yet and my parents want to cancel their pre booked holidays ... so i have decided that when my date does come through (please god ,let that be soon) if it does collide i wont tell my folks ... they will be cross with me , but i couldnt cope with the guilt on top of the natural hospital stress ... good luck with your quest ... i feel for you , i suppose if you were in their position ,you would want to be with your loved one, whatever the sacrifice ? ... its a tricky one ... good luck xx

That is great news Yorkie. I expect you will go though a variety of emotions over the next month but keep that smile and Cheshire cat grin! xx

Congratulations on getting your date x

hope everything goes great for you

Back