• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Well it happened...

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
...I was told that I should stop losing weight now!!!
My father in law said it bless him. He said how wonderful I look and that 'there is nothing left of me'...his way of saying I am petite and teeny (4ft 11" too so I look little) and then he said "I do think you should stop now though", to which I said "well I still have a while to go" and hubby said "yep, she still wants to lose another two or three stones", to which my father in law looked a bit concerned and then we just changed the subject.
Ive had people being shocked that I want to lose more but it is the first time that anyone has openly said "I think you should stop", quite tickled me actually as it means that I MUST be a lot smaller than I once was.
He didnt mean to offend me and he meant no harm by it, he is a good guy and is nothing but supportive and I HAD kind of expected that he would be the one to say it as he is so fascinated by my transition and as he doesnt see me sometimes for a month or two (work schedules etc) he sees the changes more so than some others.
So yep, it happened and I just thought that I would share it.
Steph xx

You look terrific Steph.... that is a compliment that motivates us all to want to do something, for sure. It's a new life for you love and make the most of every minute... can't wait to get started and although you have been through a lot to get here, it sounds like everyone appreciates your efforts. You have done amazingly well. Loads of love to you and yours xxx

Aww thats sweet of him, remember you know when your time is up to stop loosing hun, xx

Bless him. I think people begin to struggle as we get smaller. My husband has mentioned this to me and I know I have more weight to lose.

Thanks guys xx
Emm...unless my surgeon himself tells me otherwise then I am not stopping actively trying to lose weight until I see 9st 0lbs on the scales! :)
Steph xx

Bless him. I think people begin to struggle as we get smaller. My husband has mentioned this to me and I know I have more weight to lose.

Ours stats are very similar hon, we started off around the same weight and aim to get to around the same weight and have lost almost the same amount with the sameish amount left to lose, cool.
Steph xx

I think Steph, because you have changed dramatically (bloody gorgeous you are) your father in law cannot imagine you any slimmer.... He thinks you are splendiferous right now and he cannot imagine it getting any better. You know where you want to end up, in between now and 9 stone you may find a place where you are happy to live for the rest of your life, if you do that is your choice and yours alone...

As always i'm wishing you well on the final stage of your journey... I know you will get to your destination, it's just a matter of time :) xx

See it as a positive cos you look absolutely amazing. I think people dont get used to the new shape for quite a while and he sounds as if he is only doing it out of the best intentions. You will know when it is said to be mean - and then tell them you will make your own mind up about it. How lovely to have any comment about weight and take it as a good thing -that must be a fantastic change. Enjoy it!
Jo XX

Bless him, they worry don't they. I guess he thinks you'll go "too far" as they say. My Dads the same and I think its because he does'nt understand why we lose they weight so quickly (even though he knows I had the op)but I think he's worrying that I'll fade away lol xxxx

Back