• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Went to docs this afternoon

slimmerkay

So I finally got around to going to the docs re my anti-depressants. She said there is no evidence of mal-absorbtion of anti-depressant drugs after gastric bypass. She feels I have been through enough trauma and upheaval in the last few months (with moving house too) to cause me to have a few low days and doesn't feel I will have many more. But if I do I'm to go back to see her again.

She was over the moon with my weight loss by the way :D which (since I last saw her) is 2st 12lbs :D

Well that sounds like good news! hugs. xxx

Glad she was pleased with you Karen. You know yourself you've had way too much going on for any oneperson of late so guess she is right. I hope things go all one way for you now.
Your weight loss is amazing and I am envious in a nice way

Take care

Linski

xxxxxxx

No wonder she was pleased Karen, you are doing really well :D Good news about the anti-depressants too. Ive just started taking my normal capsules again, the pharmacist at hospital gave me other tablets to crush and mix with water (eek) so mingin I gagged every time I tried to take them. I spoke to my team yesterday and they said I should be ok to take them now............pheewwww!! XX

LOL..KAREN,
can you not ask phone your doctors and get it prescribed?
my lovely doctors did,they have been very good.
The doctor actually rang me at home and I asked him if he was willing to prescibe it for me,he did me a prescription while I was on the phone.

Hi all - sorry to butt in here but what is with the Zinc? Just wondered why we need it and what it does!
Thankies . .

Hi all - sorry to butt in here but what is with the Zinc? Just wondered why we need it and what it does!
Thankies . .

hi hsmel,

karen was worried about her hair already falling out,so I told her to ask about the soluable zinc.
The doctor has prescribed it for me as it helps with hairloss and can help prevent it.
Im taking it,as Im so worried about the hairloss as Ive only fine hair,and if I loose any hair Ill be bald!

Thanks emma-louise didnt know that zinc helps with that so certainly worth knowing! I have really thick hair so suppose I should be grateful if a bit falls out but I must admit when I was pregnant and it started to fall out I was still worried! xx

Back