• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what a horrible evening :(

vixiebell

hi all well i got a bit of a problem i had breakfast fine which was a milky porrige (sp?), then morning snack of a small glass of milk and a plain biscuit, lunch i made homemade vegetable soup liquidised , then had a small fruit juice in the afternoon... all good so far then comes dinner i had a small jar of fishmans pie baby food took two teaspoons then got a huge pain in stomach and threw up left it for a bit then drank some water again i threw up, so i left it til 8 and thought well i need a bit of protein so i thought id have a bit of liquidised chicken again 2 teaspoons and then the pain returned and i threw up. i have no idea what to do. what if this happens again in the morning o_O. has anyone else experienced anything like this and have any advice please!

vicky x

Hi have you read craftys post? It might be of some help to you. I don't have any experience myself sorry but I am sure the others on here will be along to help with your problem and give you some advice.
Prinny.xxx

I'm still experiencing this over 6 months down the line ........... lol.
I found that once I had been sick on something then I couldnt really eat anything for at least a day, sometimes 2. Once not long after the op I had to go 6 days without any food being able to stay down.
Just keep those liquids going in a bit at a time.

Hi Vixiebell did you have an open or keyhole bypass You are only a week post op and I had to have liquid for 4 weeks

I have been ok today till tea I had my porridge then tried some scrambled egg for lunch which was hard work. For tea I had salmon and was sick twice think I might have eaten it to quick

I am nearly 15 weeks post op and can eat most things now, however, tonight I was having some grilled trout and suddenly had the urge to throw up....I have had a dicky tum for a few days but thought I had got past that. I had not even put my fork down and I was heaving...think I either have a bug or my tum is starting to reject foods I was fine with...lets hope its a bug lol..xx

hope that you are all feeling better today x

Just so you all know there is a stomach virus running around, two of my husband's workers have been down with it this past week. And last week when I went for my accupuncture treatment my doctor said the waiting room was full of people with it.:(

Nic

well i stopped feeling sick now yaaay but i think i'll stick to fluids today. i know im only 1 wek past op but i think all surgeons are different they got me on purees the day i left hospital which was 3 days after op lol. Also i had keyhole surgery and my scars are all healed up now too yay i had to take the dressings off the other day with my gp's permission as i was starting to have an allergic reaction to them ick! It's like i've also noticed many of you only have to have the blood thinning jabs for 5 days after surgery i was sent home with 14 of them :O lol.
anyway hope you all have great days today
vicky x

well i stopped feeling sick now yaaay but i think i'll stick to fluids today. i know im only 1 wek past op but i think all surgeons are different they got me on purees the day i left hospital which was 3 days after op lol. Also i had keyhole surgery and my scars are all healed up now too yay i had to take the dressings off the other day with my gp's permission as i was starting to have an allergic reaction to them ick! It's like i've also noticed many of you only have to have the blood thinning jabs for 5 days after surgery i was sent home with 14 of them :O lol.
vicky x

I was on fluids for two weeks, puree for two weeks and soft foods for two weeks. I stuck to it rigidly and luckily haven't had any problems whatsoever but I guess we are all different. Hope you feel better soon xx

Aww thankyou i have noticed thats the case with alot of people that they are on fluids when they get home and i double checked my dietry sheet but it does say to go straight on to purees so i'll do as im told lol. the only thing that worries me is that im not to start taking my vitamins again til next tuesday which seems a long period to go without any extra support if you know what i mean.

Hi Vixie. sorry to read about your pain, horrible isn't it.
I've just been through this as well, I'm not sure when you read my post but I have updated it and you may find it interesting.

But your right to stay on liquids, I had to for 4 weeks post op, so I don't know why your eating porridge and such like already, your innards haven't started to heal yet, so if I were you I'd stop eating heavy foods completely for at least three more weeks.

Keep us informed how your getting on.:yuk:

Vixie it's ok, you were under Shaw Somers weren't you? He does purees straight away so just stick to your consultants advice ;)

What I think might have happened is that you've swallowed the fish pie puree too quickly (very easily done, remember, bites the size of the rubber on the end of a pencil and chew) and it's caused some trapped wind in your pouch. This causes an intense stabbing pain which is relieved by being sick. Being sick will then have irritated your pouch probably causing a bit of swelling which is causing the continued discomfort now. It should get easier quite quickly but a day of liquids will help. Keep the fluids up.

vicky x

I was sent home with a months supply Was so happy when that month was up lol

i only had 5 days of the injections and i also went onto pureed after a few days, its whatever the surgeon advises but everyones difeerent, just eat alowly and chew and if anything doesn't feel right, i'd go back to liquids for a couple of days and try again x x x

Back