• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Inconsistencies at Whittington re. pre-op diets

LisaG

Disappearing slowly
Oooh...I'm a bit annoyed at the moment. I'm under the Whittington and my op is 4 weeks today. Had pre-op on Monday and they gave me the 1000 kcal food diet. I said I would prefer to do the liquid one for 2-3 weeks as discussed all along. I was told this was okay and planned to start it next Friday (giving me 3 weeks).

So yesterday I thought I'd just check the quantities with the dietician as no one had officially told me. She then told me she had changed the diet and you now have to do liquid for 4 weeks - not 2. That means I should have started yesterday.

Felt a bit annoyed that if i hadn't called I could have messed it all up. Also felt a bit cheated out of 'a last week of food' but then went home, threw everything out and the plan is to start tomorrow morning.

Focused now and feeling better after a little rant but just thought I'd see if other people have been given wrong info too and warn others who are in the same position as me.

I am under a different hospital but only found out via a friend that if you are doing the WW soup & yoghurt pre op diet you are meant to be using 400g tins of soup but the diet sheet only says 4 x WW soups per day and in most supermarkets WW soup comes in 200g tins.

Back