• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What a year!

ravelling

Grateful bypasser
I've just looked at the date on my profile and realised that yesterday marked the first anniversary of my gastric bypass surgery. I can't believe I forgot!

I guess the main thing to bring from forgetting is the fact that I'm not dwelling on the surgery these days, but am busy living my life.

Yesterday evening, after work, I met up with a group of people who knit in our local Costas branch. (Ok, maybe it's odd, but it's a great way to unwind after a tough day :) ) These people never knew me fat. The subject never comes up, although I guess some of them may have read my blog by now and I'm open about it there. I would have struggled to go along and join this group in the fat days. I would probably have felt too self conscious.

These days I do much more with my life. It doesn't feel like a rehearsal any more.

I've posted my before and now pictures in my diary entry in the diaries section so I won't duplicate them here. Suffice to say, I do get totally overwhelmed by the scale of the changes to my body.

What a year!

I am truly thankful to my GP who helped point me in the right direction, to Peter Small who undoubtedly saved my life, to my family who have weathered the changes with me and, especially, to the people here on this forum who have been an endless source of encouragement, advice, motivation, inspiration and insight.

Thank you all!

Well done gill , looking fantastic !! This last year has flown by , you were the first person on here who I followed as we were at the same hospital , you have been such an inspiration to me !! Xxx

Absolutely brilliant and such a fantastic achievement in a year for you xx

Congratulations Gill - your happiness is evident and getting on with life is what it's all about of course ! You look naturally slim and are an inspiration to many people here.

Horray! Well done Gill. It's a great feeling isn't it? Had mine just a few days before you :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Yesterday evening, after work, I met up with a group of people who knit in our local Costas branch.

That made me giggle as I'd be self concious knitting in Costa fat or slim.:confused:

I'm only joking, as in reality your story continues to inspire and motivate me. Thank you.:)

Congratulations Gill, you look amazing and so healthy! Well done. You continue to be an inspiration to me xx

Back