• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What did you do with your clothes??

Louise1

Pre-surgery I've already lost 2 dress sizes (22 to 18 woop woop).
I've been giving away clothes to friends & listing my more expensive items on ebay which is a right faff.
Anyway I was wondering what everyone else did or plans to do..
As a general rule of thumb all of my clothes are Next & M&S as they do trendy big clothes and from what I can gather they would sell.
Would you go through the faff of selling your clothes on ebay to make some money for replacements or give them away/to charity??
Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated!!
xx

I'd do eBay, also my be a swap shop at your local support meeting x

I have already given loads of stuff away. I have an Ebay pile but it really is mostly dresses, coats and glitzy tops that I am hoping will sell well. Ebay is just so tedious that I can hardly be bothered to list more stuff. Although I used to sell loads of my old clothes years ago for good money, it hardly seems worth the effort for 99p!!!

The rest of my stuff will be going to the local Hospice and animal charity shops.

Wendy x

Maybe you could do some bundles on eBay ie maybe 3 tops for so much etc then that way it should cut your time down and also sending each thing out. X

I have already given loads of stuff away. I have an Ebay pile but it really is mostly dresses, coats and glitzy tops that I am hoping will sell well. Ebay is just so tedious that I can hardly be bothered to list more stuff. Although I used to sell loads of my old clothes years ago for good money, it hardly seems worth the effort for 99p!!!

The rest of my stuff will be going to the local Hospice and animal charity shops.

Wendy x

hi
what size are they hun i am looking for size 24/22

i bagged all mine nd had a boot sale, sold most of the stuff for 50p or £1 but i had made enough to buy a new towel rdiator ha x

i've done car boot on sunday mostly for between £2.50 and 50p literally just put some size 26 on e-bay 5 mins ago then will wait till i go back to work and what hasn't sold will go to charity shop , just thought as will have time to check e-bay etc might as well give it a go i've never even bought anything from it never mind sold :) setting up paypal was hardest thing nearly threw laptop out of the window :)

I am giving my old clothes that are still in good condition to the local Salvation Army Charity shop, the rest I am taking to the recycle skip out side the supermarket. This helps the scope charity. My old vests the wife uses to clean the windows!!!

Stavros

When i lost my first lot of weight with the band i either gave it to a friend i knew who was my size or sold it at the boot fair!! it all sold really well!!
i have no started bagging up all my old stuff and stored it in the loft ready for the bootfairs next year again.... as i get married in June the cash will all come in handy!!

When i lost my first lot of weight with the band i either gave it to a friend i knew who was my size or sold it at the boot fair!! it all sold really well!!
i have no started bagging up all my old stuff and stored it in the loft ready for the bootfairs next year again.... as i get married in June the cash will all come in handy!!
wow lovely and slim for your wedding :) xxx

Gave a load to very good friend
The rest went on ebay and carboots
If you really can't stand listing all your items either sell them in bundles or try and find a Trading Assistant (someone who will list your items for a fee) you can find these on ebay There are a couple of shops in my local area who offer this service

I filled 3 large black bin liners full of 5x trousers Jeans and shirts some brand new and gave them to Cancer research...God knows what they'll do with clothes that size...probably sell them to camping shops :)

i sell on ebay ,but it can be a pain, im lucky that ive done it for years ,mainly fetish/leather/pvc ,,but also other items ,,,but larger sizes are worth selling on there,,,,,then,you can give some of the cash to charity if you want ,,,start at 99p, and make sure you cover the postage as its very costly , but in my opinion ,it definatley is worth trying,x

Charity shops are always looking for larger sizes,I work in one!20s and above will sell really be appreciated.
The fees on ebay are too much now.I made about £300 on clothes,shoes and bags.Fees were around £80!

I altered some of my clothes - jeans and trousers can be easily reduced by 2 - 3 sizes, tops by a size or 2.
Jackets, sweaters etc were all given to charity. I bought a lot of stuff from Ebay as I was losing and altered that as well! Am buying new stuff at last.

I do ebay and sell 'job lots' .. no more than 5 at a time otherwise postage is too much. But it is a good way because you can mix stuff with what you know will def sell with some stuff that you think 'might' sell. Also this way i dont have to list each colour, description etc. I would say, for instance, 5 tops ladies plus size 24, all good condition and have a good picture of the 5 items hanging together. one by one does get a bit tedious... I also dont use my pay pal money until there is £100.. that way I can use it for something that I really want.

Just did a test sale on eBay - sold 3 dressy items in the party wear section but hardly worth the effort so I'm going to do a boot fair with the rest and what doesn't sell will go to charity.

Back