• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What did you have to "do" before your op?

Wibble

I'm hopefully going to be having a gastric bypass at some point this year, and have had to do some pre-pre-op stuff, like packing up smoking, coming off my anti-depressants, dealing with a binge eating problem, and beginning to use a CPAP machine after discovery of sleep apnoea. Just being totally nosey here, but just wondered what anyone else's adjustments were? Alex :)

hiyaaaaaa Alex..

right.. here we go... since begining this particular part of my weight loss journey which started july 2008 - I've done the following;
1. have 3 lots of blood tests
2. show am able to lose a set weight
3. have sleep study done - which confirmed
obstructive sleep apnoea
4. attend appointments on opposite side of country
5. advised to quit smoking (almost there)
6. Have a gastroscopy & biopsy on stomach
(biopsy was clear however did find gastric heteratopia in my intestinal wall)
7. go on liver reduction diet for 10days
8. panic.. lol.. joking..

but seriously.. there are a lot of things which you may or may not be asked to do or may have already had to do, everyone is different with different needs and are going on their own journeys under different circumstances..
but obviously - everything you can do before your op - to improve your well-being NOW.. will only serve to help you through the other side of your operation...

good luck and hope to see more of you on here and less of you at the end of your weight loss journey :)

Thanks for replying :)
I'm pretty sure there's more "delights" waiting round the corner for me, but hey, if it gets me to where I want and need to be, then fine!
On the smoking side, have you tried an electronic cigarette? It's pretend smoking and more like a nicotine replacment. It's the only way I've found to pack up. Alex :)

;) Promise my husband i will not liquidise vodka, galaxy bars, and macdonalds and 10 dougnuts into a milkshake and guzzle it :D

well he sounds a right spoil sport...

Back