• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What did you manage to eat

Perissa

I had two sprouts, a quarter of a parsnip, threequarters of a small roast potato and about a playing card size slice of turkey.

I had the most aweful air lock afterwards, REALLY painful but wasn't sick, so quite pleased I ate a Christmas dinner!

What did you have?

I had about a tablespoon of roast chicken, 1/2 tbsp of tiny roast potatoes, 1/2 a stuffing ball, a tiny sausage, 1/2 a small baby sweetcorn and gravy. Was yummy. I had half a peice of toast with some pate for breakfast (had my starter early lol) and have had a couple of tiny peices of chocolate through the day as I've been making more chocolate truffles. Oh and some reduced fat crisps.

Got some poached salmon in the fridge that I was going to have for supper, but don't want anything.

I've found that using a fish-plate size plate for my meals makes me feel more normal. A full size plate is too big for my tiny portions, and a side plate makes me feel like a wierdo at the table. So I have a couple of mid sized fish-plates which suit me fine :) My meals still look small but not as small as on a big plate.

We don't celebrate xmas but today I had a slimfast shake, a cup of tomato soup, 1 chicken nugget and a handful of cherrios. I'm trying to eat a bit more than usual as I only lost 1 pound last week and people are telling maybe I was n't eating enough.

Merry Xmas all

Alia xxx

As I am pre-op, I had a roast but consciously put half the usual amount on my plate and substituted the usual amount of roast potatoes with butternut squash and parsnip. And loads of veg.

I am trying to get my mindset around smaller portions and healthier food groups - heck, January may see me eating more fruit & veg and dropping the carbs ;)

I know WLS is not a panacea and that my head needs to be ready to work with it. Any adjustment I can make in advance has got to be on my side.

I had 2 roast potatoes, 2 large pieces of carrot, 2 pieces of swede, 2 small pieces of turkey, 1 pig in blanket, gravy and bread sauce. Then after about an hour, i had a small piece of cheesecake i made. I ate very slowly and chewed well, and really enjoyed it. Didn't feel sick afterwards, didn't have a blockage and got to enjoy everything on offer. Am now sitting in front of the fire sipping a vodka.

Merry christmas everyone.

well sorry red i not as good as you i made the most of mine as it is probably the last "fat" christmas i had the works bd hardly any veg lol a bottle of asti hubby did get 1 glass lol but i have been good with the choccies lol

Hey hun, fill yer boots to whatever level you want - this time next year will deffo be a different story for both of us! :D

i had a dollop of mash. brockli. cauli. 1 floret each, turnip preas carrots, no roasties, 1 aunt bessies yorky pud as i cant eat real 1s now as they make me gag, 1 tiny bit of turkey, this is my 4th chrimbo dinner with a band, im quite happy, then 4 hours later i had a spoon full of christmas pud with a bit custard.

:cry: i fell very guilty now lol

I started the day with a philladelphia light mini tub on an oat cake , then for my lunch i had a tbsp of turkey i small raost pot, a small roast parsnip, a dsp of carrot and swead, a dsp of cabbage and chestnuts ans a couple of green beans with a splash of gravy I also indulged in an inch of wine in a wine glass. then about an hour later i has a dsp of christmas pudding with rum sauce made with skimmed milk and sweeteners. Hve got to admit my sister son and i fell about laughing at their huge plates and my tiny offering.
At tea time i really fancied a turkey and stuffing sandwich and had 1/4 of a crusty part baked mini baget with turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce It was my first time with untoasted bread and it was white but i took it easy and was fine. My sister has come to the conclusion after talking to some of the patients whilst i was in with mr A yesturday and listening to their problems that i have the constitution of an OX. lol
Hope you all enjoyed yr day
carole

i had a small xmas dinner wiv a little turkey and mainly veg and 2 roasters. luckily never have dun chocs much so aint bothered about missin them. Have had a couple of new mint baileys they are very moorish tho so had to hide the bottle. have a good one everyone x

Hi All, I had a sliver of smoked salmon.
about 2 oz Turkey and gammon, 2 sprouts, 2 rings carrots, 1 parsnip, tiny segement of brocolli, 1tbs mash and gravy with tsp cranberry.

Later had a couple of spoons of vanilla pod ice cream.

That was a wonderful meal made by my daughter really enjoyed the whole day !
Ava

My last 'fat' Christmas (all being well!) :
No breakfast - who has time on Christmas morning with children and grandchildren?
Lunch - the works! Made by my wonderful Mum for the whole tribe.
Dinner - a LARGE slice of Christmas cake - the perfect end to the day!
I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas Day as I did!
Lxxx

I started the day with a spiced hot choc & a cream cheese cookie which was lovely. At lunch we had appetizers so over about 2 hours I had 2 prawns with tiny bit of mustard, 2 slices of salami w/light cream cheese, 2 deviled egg halves and 4 carrot sticks w/spicy yogurt dip and another cream cheese cookie.

For dinner (4 hours later) I had one tiny slice of pork loin w/cream sauce, 2-3 small spoons of sweet potatoe pie w/pecans, and 2 bites of roasted veg. For afters (3 hours later) I had about 1/4 of a glass of dry white wine and then 3 dessert spoons of my lovely fruit & cheese cake cutsard parfait. It was all delightful and I stopped when I felt full. Looking back I ate throughout the day less than what I would have eaten in one sitting pre-op. I was chuffed!

Back