• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How did you manage eating over Christmas?

Gerry

Just wondering how anyone who's either had their op, or due to have it shortly and on their pre-op diet, managed over Christmas with Christmas dinner? Did you have a tiny portion of what everyone else was having? Or did you have something totally different? Was it difficult sitting down with the rellies eating Christmas dinner and you having something different? Did you have any regrets?

Did anyone fall off the wagon and break their pre-op diet?

I'm on Slim-Fast and have been for some time in order to try and loose weight before my op, and the hospital have said I can just do that up until my op, so no pre-op diet. I had just my morning shake and my normal (smaller portion) of Christmas dinner. I felt totally stuffed for the rest of the day and couldn't eat another thing. We've got loads of goodies here and normally I'd be picking my way through them but really don't fancy anything at all like that.

How did anyone else get on?

welldone gerry well i really saw my band working at dinner i took a smaller ikea plate rather than the big ones that my mum has and i ate half which is fab as its first time in weeks iv felt some restriction. what i ate was the size of my normal second helping lol. but i must say apart from that iv grazed on **** which has just slipped down no probs but iv only got 3cc in so even to restrict during dinner was something, same yest at the buffet i filled up on a couple of slices of turkey before i started on the nibbles and found i couldnt barely eat anything but still felt id had. i know i will have gained weight but not half as much as normal. i did notice i had some aching muscuar pain around big scar later in night and wondered if id overdone it or not maybe coincidence, does anyone else have pain in side if they eat alot

hope you all had a good xmas

I had a xmas dinner. I pureed everything on the plate seperately so I got all the different flavours. I loved it, it was much smaller than normal tho. I could fit another thing in all day and night afterwards (had it at 3pm). So just had my breakfast and that and plenty of water b4 dinner. I had to wait around 2hours to have any drink after dinner. I get that pain too if i eat too much. Xmas was fab. I hope you both have a lighter and happy 2009. Take care R x

Back