• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What did your funding approval letter say?

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Hi
Im just curious to see what peoples letter said, just being nosey basically lol
I got mine a couple of weeks ago and this is what mine said:

Halton and St Helens Primary Care Trust have approved your referral to Spire Hospitals. This Transfer of care from the weight management service continues the PCT's pathway for patients requesting bariatric surgery.
Please be aware that the approval only covers the outpatient appointments prior to surgery. Funding can only be agreed for the procedure itself once a patient has complied with the requirements discussed during those outpatient attendances e.g. liver reducing diet and a commitment to adhere to a permanent change of lifestyle and dietary habit. You will be supplied with this information during your first appointment.
You will be required to demonstrate commitment to change in order to guarantee funding for the actual procedure.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Steph xx

Hi
Im just curious to see what peoples letter said, just being nosey basically lol
I got mine a couple of weeks ago and this is what mine said:

Halton and St Helens Primary Care Trust have approved your referral to Spire Hospitals. This Transfer of care from the weight management service continues the PCT's pathway for patients requesting bariatric surgery.
Please be aware that the approval only covers the outpatient appointments prior to surgery. Funding can only be agreed for the procedure itself once a patient has complied with the requirements discussed during those outpatient attendances e.g. liver reducing diet and a commitment to adhere to a permanent change of lifestyle and dietary habit. You will be supplied with this information during your first appointment.
You will be required to demonstrate commitment to change in order to guarantee funding for the actual procedure.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Steph xx

To be honest Steph i never had a letter or any correspondence with my pct it was arranged through my hospital wallsall manor. Sorry am no help but i am sure somebody will be along who can help. Janey;)

my letter i got yesterday

RE: request for funding for bariatric surgery.

NHS oldham was asked to consider funding for bariatric surgery by your G.P

the individual patient review panel carefully considered all the information provided about your application. i wish to advise that NHS oldham approved this specific request for funding. the reason for this decision is your individual circumstances fulfil the eligibility criteria within the NICE guidance for obesity.

i have informed your GP of the decision to approve the request and have suggested that he discuss the treatment options that are available to you.

Back