• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confirmation of Funding Approval Letter :D

Andy1968

Just received a letter of approval from my PCT to say i've got my funding
icon_biggrin.gif

I can confirm for definite that my chosen Hospital will be Luton & Dunstable ( L&D )
icon_thumbup.gif

I Rung my GP up on Monday to tell him my news ( My GP has been Brilliant thoughout ) and he asked me if L&D would be my choice and i said Yes....So now it's been confirmed by letter and he can go and refer me.

So now i guess i'll wait to hear from the Hospital direct perhaps?

I now would love to hear from anyone who has had their surgery at the L&D....Waiting times,Staff and what meetings i'll expect to have.

I was happy this morning...But now i'm over the moon !

Just thought i'd let you all know
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Take Care

Andy xx

icon_biggrin.gif

I can confirm for definite that my chosen Hospital will be Luton & Dunstable ( L&D )
icon_thumbup.gif

I Rung my GP up on Monday to tell him my news ( My GP has been Brilliant thoughout ) and he asked me if L&D would be my choice and i said Yes....So now it's been confirmed by letter and he can go and refer me.

I now would love to hear from anyone who has had their surgery at the L&D....Waiting times,Staff and what meetings i'll expect to have.

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Take Care

Andy xx
thats great Andy, must make it more real somehow :) xxx

thats great Andy, must make it more real somehow :) xxx

Well as i was opening the letter is was actually thinking what if it doesn't say yes and she got it wrong:eek:

Silly i know...

You know something Caren...Everytime you post i get so gutted for you.
I know what you're going through and i cannot wait until the day that you get what you deserve.

Take Care

Andy xx

Well as i was opening the letter is was actually thinking what if it doesn't say yes and she got it wrong:eek:

Silly i know...

You know something Caren...Everytime you post i get so gutted for you.
I know what you're going through and i cannot wait until the day that you get what you deserve.

Take Care

Andy xx
aww bless you Andy :) i'll be ok mate, always am lol i'll get there in the end, hopefully lol xxx

So glad you have it confirmed Andy!!! I can understand what you mean by half thinking they will have got it wrong.

Now onwards and upwards (or downwards weight wise lol)

So glad you have it confirmed Andy!!! I can understand what you mean by half thinking they will have got it wrong.

Now onwards and upwards (or downwards weight wise lol)

Thank you hun.
I wish you all the best for the future.

Andy x

Having it in black & white just makes it seem so much more real doesn't it ?
Bet you feel like all your birthdays came at once :)

Hi Andy

From personnel experience I’d say you made a good choice to go to the Luton and Dunstable. I had my by-pass there on the 21st of September. I don’t mind telling you, I was very apprehensive about the whole thing in the weeks leading up to my operation. Especially when I went to my last pre-op appointment and they had lost all my notes. I thought, what have I let myself in for.
Anyway I went ahead and I have to say that the Bariatric team I was under were absolutely brilliant. The operation went really well, and the after-care in the high dependency unit and on the ward later, was excellent. All I would advise you is that you follow there instructions to the letter, i.e. the pre-op diets as this will all help to make your procedure a lot more successful.

Stavros:):):)

Wooohoo that is wonderful !! i never got a letter :(

Hi Andy

From personnel experience I’d say you made a good choice to go to the Luton and Dunstable. I had my by-pass there on the 21st of September. I don’t mind telling you, I was very apprehensive about the whole thing in the weeks leading up to my operation. Especially when I went to my last pre-op appointment and they had lost all my notes. I thought, what have I let myself in for.
Anyway I went ahead and I have to say that the Bariatric team I was under were absolutely brilliant. The operation went really well, and the after-care in the high dependency unit and on the ward later, was excellent. All I would advise you is that you follow there instructions to the letter, i.e. the pre-op diets as this will all help to make your procedure a lot more successful.

Stavros:):):)

A great insight Stavros....Thanks for the response & i'll certainly stick rigidly to anything they say.

Cheers mate

Andy

Having it in black & white just makes it seem so much more real doesn't it ?
Bet you feel like all your birthdays came at once :)

It sure does ;)

Andy x

icon_biggrin.gif

icon_thumbup.gif

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Take Care

Andy xx

hi andy

did you not have st richards at chichester as i went there in aug and got op in nov they promise to do your op in 18 weeks , and that is where dr shaw somers from food hoisptal is and he is great

Hi sorry for the delay in answering.
No unfortunately I didn't get offered there. I only had two choices and that was L&D and Homerton.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi sorry for the delay in answering.
No unfortunately I didn't get offered there. I only had two choices and that was L&D and Homerton.

i was told at my surgery that it would be Homerton, not good by the sounds of it lol

Caren said:
i was told at my surgery that it would be Homerton, not good by the sounds of it lol

I think it's okay there, it's just a bit easier for me to get to in Luton.
I've read some good comments on the Surgeon there, although his name escapes me for a bit.

I think it's okay there, it's just a bit easier for me to get to in Luton.
I've read some good comments on the Surgeon there, although his name escapes me for a bit.

i read a thread on here about Homerton and it was awful :(

Always nice to have something in writing, Andy :) Very happy for you, honey ... Funding was never at any point mentioned to me so I did not have the stress of waiting for the elusive letter so many wait for, but 100% understand how it must feel teetering on the edge for so long :( xxx

i read a thread on here about Homerton and it was awful :(

Oh dear....Sorry about that,will have to search for it now:(

Back