• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what do i need after op

Paula1975

silly question,For the liquid, puree, even soft food, what do i need for the kitchen? we don't have blender/liquidiser/microwave. don't think we even have small containers. think i've seen somewhere ice bags too.

I stuck with slim fast,milkshakes , tin of soup cuppa soups milky coffees low calorie hot Chocs , then instant mash pots (get them from asda cheese onion yummy ,hummus mashed avacardos (sorry about spelling) sf jelly readybrek custard hope this helps , not sure about suger in products as I m a bander so I don't have to worry about dumping xx

Whilst not essential a microwave is useful for re-heating. A handblender is a lifeline in the early days & can be picked up cheaply in tescos etc, a liquidisers if you're batch baking soups etc but not essential as the hand blender can do the same job just smaller quantities. A slow cooker is marvellous allowing you to cook cheaper tougher cuts of meat I to fantastic tasty stews etc that are moist & easily taken down to the other liquid & sift food stages. Nothing is essential but they make life a little easier as you get back to solids.

Old ice cream tubs are great for storage in freezers to start with if you don't want or have small pots small freezer bags with a portion of food in it popped in the ice cream tubs & frozen contains the small bags far more easily than them sinking in the freezer never to be found. Even freezing soups in icecubes trays & decanting to a tub or freezer bag works.

silly question,For the liquid, puree, even soft food, what do i need for the kitchen? we don't have blender/liquidiser/microwave. don't think we even have small containers. think i've seen somewhere ice bags too.

Don't go spending a shed load of money on kitchen equipment LOL though I couldn't get by without my microwave :D You will need a hand blender to blitz the food into a puréed state but they can be had for little money, or if you want to borrow one for a couple of weeks PM me your address and I'll post you ours we don't use it any more. The portion size for meals when we get off liquid food fits nicely in an ice cube maker and you can pick them up really cheap too, it would be messy trying to get the food into an ice bag.

Let me know if you want my blender and good luck

Totally agree with Karlos, although I use my handblender still, but not for pureeing. But microwave definitely.

The pound shop have loads of small pots which I still use now 9 months on ideal to take things to work, and to store in fridge and freezer definitely had my moneys worth, borrow the blender from Karlos if you don't have one, they really do the job for the first few weeks. xx

thanks everyone, i work for a retailer so can get some cheap blender/microwave, pound shop good idea

I made loads of soups and used any old container for storage. Old yoghurt pots, margarine, jelly anything, I also don't use cups but have loads so made use of these. I have good freezer space ( and a lovely mum who made me loads of diferant soups and lovely dad who delivers them).

Typical foods in early stages were/are yogurts LF variety, homemade or Heinz big soup blended, milky coffee and readybrek sloppy. I also have protein powder which I make into a milkshake or add to slim fast and then I also use skimmed milk powder and add a dst spoon to absolutely everything for added protein.

A hand blender is a godsend, you don't need a fancy model.

i agree with karlos dont go spending lots of money on kitchen stuff,i bought a good liquidiser/blender and ive used it only once,i prefer to have soups etc xx

Back