• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sugar confused

Pilar

Hello
I begin to prepare a list of meals that I will eat after the surgery most I will cook it self but there are products which could I buy such sauce gravy etc and here my question: what is the maximum amount of sugar per 100g or 100ml which may contain product? And the same fat? I know that I spode to buy fat/ sugar free but sometimes it's impossible :/
my dietician said that in puree and soft stage I do not have to look for sugar because I will eat a small food portion so it does not matter. Did you had it too?

Thanks for all info :)

Last edited:
That's not strictly true I dumped in my first 2 weeks on a mouthful of yoghurt twice!

Everyone is different with sugar and fat. I tolerate fat much easier. I cannot take anything over about 4% sugar per 100g but I do have a very low tolerance. Some people can take much higher.

It's all very much trial and error post-op and it's very likely you will dump at some point. It's horrible but it does help you identify triggers!

Good luck :) x

I just made protein pancakes with xylitol. Only had a taste cuz I'm on purée but really nice & no sugar at all & low fat

band fitted 16.01.14

Only had a taste! (Well chewed!!)
Recipe
6 tbsp gluten free plain flour
1 scoop protein powder
Half tspn baking powder
Pinch salt
1 sml banana
1 tbsp dairy free milk
1 tspn vanilla extract
Half tsp coconut oil

Combine dry ingredients