• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What food/drink do I need to get in?

Karen19745

Hi, what food and drink should I get in before I have my surgery, I'm just getting a little nervous that I won't do everything right so I'm trying to answer every question I've got.

I'm pre-op too and have started buying bits and bobs for those first days and weeks afterwards. I have a post op food cupboard and shelf on the fridge lol.
So far it has
sugar free jellies
clear soups
stock cubes
dairylea triangles
sugerfree squash
uht milk incase i don't feel up to going to the shop for fresh.
quorn to liquidise
curry powder to spice up the soups etc.

Would welcome any other reccommendations.

I'm pre-op too and have started buying bits and bobs for those first days and weeks afterwards. I have a post op food cupboard and shelf on the fridge lol.
So far it has
sugar free jellies
clear soups
stock cubes
dairylea triangles
sugerfree squash
uht milk incase i don't feel up to going to the shop for fresh.
quorn to liquidise
curry powder to spice up the soups etc.

Would welcome any other reccommendations.

thats a good list! i lived on cup a soups, muller yoghurts (they have a reasonably long shelf life) and ice pops!

x

When yoou say clear soups, do you mean packet ones or can you get clear soup in a tin, (not much of a cook), Karen x

Hi

Once allowed pureed stuff I just liquidised whatever I made for the family. I made alot of stews and put all sorts in the slow cooker so they were well soft.Also veg in the steamer so they are soft too that way you dont have to look after everything cooking as it does it themselves without boiling dry.

Jo
xx

Back