• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do I tell kids?

Eve30

Hi- I'm looking for advice on how to tell kids (girl 10 boy 5) about my op without scaring them- they have never seen me ill and always been there for them. Hub will be helping a lot but just wondered how to explain it to them also without my girl becoming weight conscious at such a young age

Hi- I'm looking for advice on how to tell kids (girl 10 boy 5) about my op without scaring them- they have never seen me ill and always been there for them. Hub will be helping a lot but just wondered how to explain it to them also without my girl becoming weight conscious at such a young age

Hi this is a worry for me too! My oldest girl 16 iv told, but my 13 year old would be so worried :(

Well let's hope there's someone who's been there that can advise us! Wow
Good luck your op is soon! Mine is 12 nov

I made a post similar to this here before my op back in August and a lot of people shared their own personal experiences.

My son is 12, but I explained to him what I was having done and why I was having it done, and focussed more on the what we will be able to do after Ive lost the weight more so than having the surgery itself.

It really depends on your children and you know them best, but I just explained I was having a band fitted to help me lose the weight and to help my own future health. He focussed more on the fact we will be able to go swimming and doing different activities than anything else :)

Back