• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do you recommend?

SarahSez

I'm now 3 weeks post tummy tuck and have received no advice from the hospital about what im supposed to do regarding anything!!

So, I have read about moisturising the scar, but have also read of many different creams and oils - I think i've read far too much and now I'm confused :confused:

Have any of you had any good products you have used?

Any advice would be great :worthy:

bio oil is really good on scars but ive never had surgical scars just stretch marks :0l it has helped on mine though before i started using i had that many i looked like a road map! x

The bariatric nurse advised me to get bio oil for when I have an open surgery scar. Marion xx

the nurse at our GP surgery said that Vaseline intensive care lotion is very good, just as good as Bio oil on new scars (Bio oil is good for older scaring though she said) and a lot cheaper!

call your service provider and ask their recommendations

All the best -MeJulie XX

had it done on NHS and I've rung them and got 3 different answers to each of my questions as I got passed from one to another!

Thanks everyone for the advice; apparently Lloyds have bio-oil on offer at the moment so I may give it a go but the Vaseline cheaper option sounds appealing

Back